2002 Dodge Stratus 2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car, bad tranny.

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great car, bad tranny.
By Tim on

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years and over 100,000 miles this has proven to be a surprisingly comfortable and reliable car in general, and it has even aged very well. I've replaced niggling stuff like the wiper arms and washer nozzle, but everything else has held up. It's very easy on brakes and tires (each replaced only once in 100,000 miles), and the engine has always been smooth and quiet and required no unscheduled maintenance at all. The scary part is the most expensive part of the car. The transmission has been the leakiest I've ever seen in my life! It has leaked from day one and after replacing $1000 worth of hydrolic hoses and modules it has a bad leak again!

Favorite Features

Almost everything about the car is very nice, if not spectacular, for its price range.

Suggested Improvements

The tranny leaks like a 1968 Chevy with rotted gaskets. I don't think it has ever stopped leaking since I've owned the car, even after spending a ton of money in leak repairs. Dash rattles. Low, prominent nose scrapes on everything larger than a pebble.