2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Dodge Makes One Great Car
By Stratus SE Owner on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2 DR SE model and it is awesome! Not only does it turn heads with it's sleek exterior, it has the performance to back it up. (V6, 200 HP). The car handles like a foreign sports car, very nice ride. Definitely recomend.

great car
By jimd on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

wonderful car fun to drive

Excellent Value
By Roadrunner on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the car to have if you want it all. Performance, economy, and reliabilty. It is not overstated in the looks department, (no plastic cladding like on some cars in its class) and yet does not have the square utilitarian look of some other cars. The fit and finish is very well done, the interior is laid out quite nicely, everything is within reach, and the instruments are colored white and easy to read. This is not just a grocery getter.

Ups and DOWNS
By Duhd on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I would have said it was a 10. It had looks, smooth ride, low noise, roomy interior, and power. About 8 months and only 5,000 miles later, it developed a vibration and growling noise. After five visits to the dealer (who really didn't want to work on it) and a letter to Chrysler (who said if I didn't like the dealer, take it somewhere else), the possible cause was the transmission. With some research I found out that this troublesome transmission was the same one used in prior years only to be renamed. Would I buy this car again even though it has looks, comfort, power, etc..? NO! Maybe I just got the lemon of the bunch.

Awesome Car!
By Tracie on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive, yet functional with a toddler. A lot of trunk room too. I've had the car one year, and there are no rattles or squeeks of any kind. I haven't had one bit of trouble with anything.

Awsome
By Johnjohn on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Some have bad mouthed this car and Dodge cars in general. I love my stratus es. It handles great in the snow which was an important factor living in the northeast. I have owned 3 dodge cars and have never had a problem with any of them. If you keep up the maintenance on them they will last forever. My last car was a 1994 dodge shadow es i traded it in with 156,000 trouble free miles on it.

Happy Stratus Cp. Owner
By Stratus Owner on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am totally satisfied with my Stratus Coupe which is very tight and well made. One little known fact to most consumers is that the Status Coupe (2 dr.) and Status Sedan (4 dr.) are two completely different vehicles; the Coupe is Mitsubishi built (an Eclipse/Galant chassis). Even the seats and dashboard are totally different.It bothers me to see this vehicle reviewed and they only test the American 4 dr. which is very average, in my opinion, as compared to the Coupe. This car is Chrysler's best kept secret. The SE can be had for $20K.

Excellence
By Duf on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is an outstanding car. Lots of looks from other drivers. Picks up women well!

TIMELESS FUN
By STRADILAC on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

R/T
By R/T Guy on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I didn't expect much when I got the car, it reminded me of an intrepid and I figured it would drive like one. However, this R/T is powerful, and has the potential to be a sports car when it wants to be, and at the same time can be a comfortable ride around town. I've had no problems with my R/T, and no real complaints. I'm extremely happy with my car.