Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love my Miss-RT
By midge

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car a little over 6 months ago and have no major issues. Great "pick up and go." The Infinity stereo system is awesome. Have the same issue as a previous post though; the CD player does skip some, but only if I've left a cd in it over night then started playing it the next day. Simply ejecting the disk and putting it back in fixes this problem. The biggest irritant is the odometer is off by about 3 to 5 percent. It is gaining miles faster then I have traveled which is shortening my warranty and lowering my trade-in value. But I normally keep a car until it has very little value left anyway, so this is not too big an issue.

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission and soft leather upholstery

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier for backseat passengers to get in and out of the vehicle from driver's side.

Sportster
By bakerstalder

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the car...husband should have thought twice before getting it, we have two young toddlers. No room!

Favorite Features

sporty look. powerful little thing.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius is terrible. The seats could be more comfortable. Space is terrible inside, not the trunk. White panels.

Nice car
By DodgeBoy

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went in to buy a 2003 and found the last 2002 on the lot. Had all the options I didn't want, but because it was last year's model I got a good price. Overall a very nice car. Good acceleration, quiet, solid feel, a stiff but not harsh ride, quick steering response, and not bad on gas. The automatic (the one item I really DIDN'T want) is a little sluggish, go for the manual if you can find one. Turning radius is not as tight as I expected. So far no problems, except a weird unidentified and intermittent noise from the rear when starting.

Favorite Features

With the leather accessory package, I got the automatic dimming rearview mirror, fog lights, single CD, built-in automatic garage door opener. Back seat and trunk are very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Sluggish automatic lags when you step on it. Stepping on the gas uses up a WHOLE LOTTA GAS. Visors don't offer enough shade, rear visibility hindered by high rear deck, 2nd front cupholder only accessible with the console open, and temperature too warm or too cold.

black stratus
By redrpb

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what it is an affordable sporty car.

Favorite Features

3.0V6 should have gotten the stick

Suggested Improvements

Problems with paint. chipping Sunroof shudders replaced once gurgles and tries to die when backing up ticking noise in rear dealer says normal youll get used to it

Dodge Makes One Great Car
By Stratus SE Owner

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2 DR SE model and it is awesome! Not only does it turn heads with it's sleek exterior, it has the performance to back it up. (V6, 200 HP). The car handles like a foreign sports car, very nice ride. Definitely recomend.

Favorite Features

Interior design, performance, exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an alloy wheel on the SE model standard. Get rid of the hubcaps.