2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
crap!!!!
By mcujiu on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for only one year. All i drive is highway miles, the easiest miles on your car. Well, now that my warenty is almost up i have had to replace the tourq converter, and the front tie rods. What else is going to break once my warrenty is up? All i have been hearing now is how cheap dodge has been making their cars. I am starting to beleive it. I wont buy another chystler product.

Fun to drive
By StratusRT on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The R/T package on the Stratus has one of the best handling suspensions I have ever driven. The 2.7 liter engine has very nice performance for this class. I find the interior design well thought out and attractive, much better than any of the Japanese cars I have been in in this class. My car gets driven pretty hard and in some pretty atypical conditions, but it has never let me down.

Airwolf of the road
By T. Wilson on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I have a 79 Dodge Little Red Express. I have always been a Mopar fan. I love the styling and looks of the exterior and interior. It is one sharp car. Yes, it does impress the women. As far as the mechanical aspect, it is all in how you treat the car. Changing the sparkplugs on the R/T is nothing at all. The sound system is great. A/C performs well. I just don't have much to complain about the 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T. It is just a great car. Super car for a single person and for the money.

Love this car
By manson on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Embarassed a Mustang, when he caught up I was suprised to se the GT on the rear. Have got 30 MPG on a 75 MPH trip, regularely get over 25 even with kayak and/or bike on top. Have received unsolicited comments from passengers on comfort. Not the best at any on thing but the best combination of features, comfort and performance. 50,000 miles and no squeeks, rattles or any other problems.

Best Car I ever bought
By Todd Farally on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2002 Stratus R/T, it is hands down the best car I ever bought. I drive around town and everyone's head turns to look at it. Outside and in, its style is flawless. It handles great, corners like a dream and can stop on a dime. If you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend you get it with the autostick feature. Autostick really helps in highway driving, plus its a lot of fun on windy country roads. The sound system is top-notch for a stock system. Well I hope what I've said helps people out who are looking for a great car at a affordable price. I can honestly say that you won't be let down by this automobile, I haven't been!

Love my Miss-RT
By midge on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car a little over 6 months ago and have no major issues. Great "pick up and go." The Infinity stereo system is awesome. Have the same issue as a previous post though; the CD player does skip some, but only if I've left a cd in it over night then started playing it the next day. Simply ejecting the disk and putting it back in fixes this problem. The biggest irritant is the odometer is off by about 3 to 5 percent. It is gaining miles faster then I have traveled which is shortening my warranty and lowering my trade-in value. But I normally keep a car until it has very little value left anyway, so this is not too big an issue.

Sportster
By bakerstalder on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the car...husband should have thought twice before getting it, we have two young toddlers. No room!

Nice car
By DodgeBoy on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went in to buy a 2003 and found the last 2002 on the lot. Had all the options I didn't want, but because it was last year's model I got a good price. Overall a very nice car. Good acceleration, quiet, solid feel, a stiff but not harsh ride, quick steering response, and not bad on gas. The automatic (the one item I really DIDN'T want) is a little sluggish, go for the manual if you can find one. Turning radius is not as tight as I expected. So far no problems, except a weird unidentified and intermittent noise from the rear when starting.

black stratus
By redrpb on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what it is an affordable sporty car.

pretty good car
By Bucket on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a company car, so I didn't really have much of a choice. I probably wouldn't buy one myself. That said, I do think this is a pretty decent car. The seats are very uncomfortable (I do a lot of driving for work), and the interior is unimpressive. But I do like the speedy engine. This car has gotten me through quite a few bad passing decisions on my part with flying colors. Other than a freak problem with all of my tires unexplainably and constantly losing pressure, I've had no problems.