Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

I loved it, just a couple minor issues.
By Chris Jensen

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought one of the first cars available. I loved the muscle car look. I buy my cars probably 75% on appearance first and go from there. The Dodge Stratus R/T has been fun to drive and still is. As far as problems in my fourth year as a Florida resident (heat) my dash started cracking in 3 spots and continues to worse all the time. The turning radius is awful with all the U-turns required in Florida. Front bumper catches on parking curbs constantly almost ripping it up. Other than these minor issues the rest of the car has been awesome and at that time in my life would do over again.

Favorite Features

Muscle car look to it. Rear wheel drive would have been perfect and fun to drive aggresive.

Suggested Improvements

Improve turning radius. Match Mitsubishi warranty. Add a convertible model and ditch the 4-door model.

Awesome Car
By JOVANNA

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have driven when it comes to speed and curves. Had a little trouble with the clutch after 36,000 miles. Got it repossesed, regret that and can't wait to get another one.

Favorite Features

Exterior and engine

Suggested Improvements

Interior, too much plastic

Nice look
By cm1212

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my R/T for 3 years. Only problem I had was bad rotors and my auto dimmer rearview mirror (just started disappearing) and the the wiring for the mirror is loose somewhere. But other than that it's been a great car and looks good!

Favorite Features

Styling, sound, dependable

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with the rotors and rearview mirror. Also give an option for heated leather seats!

Stratus R/T
By Steven

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Stratus R/T 5sp and loved it from the day I saw it. Very quick, fun to drive. Lost it in a accident and I can't wait to get another one same year

Favorite Features

The car made a beautiful sound.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation option, dual power seats option

Can be fun, but...
By sad stratus owner

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like how this car looks and how it handles, especially in slippery conditions, but I've had to bring it to a dealer for warranty repairs about every 3 months since I've owned it. The front suspension, interior wiring, pretty much every interior switch, radio, heater, transmission components, and other things have been replaced, some multiple times. It's also leaked transmission fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid. Now I need a steering rod replaced. Once the warranty on this car expires, I'm done with it.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, overall handling

Suggested Improvements

Low quality parts