2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
SO FAR SO GOOD
By CAUTIOUSLY OPTMSTX on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

THE ASSISTED BRAKING FEATURE TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO GET USE TO. I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT. IT FEELS AS THOUGH THE CAR IS JERKING. I CANT TELL IF I AM DOING IT OR NOT. THE GAS MILEAGE IS NOT BAD AT ALL. IT MAKES AN UNUSAL HUMMING NOISE WHEN ENGINE IS COLD. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IT ONLY HAD 10 MILES ON IT NOW WITH 9800 MILES IT STILL RIDES THE SAME JUST ABOUT.

Dodge "Lemon" R/T
By rch on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had so many problems with this car. The front end is messed up,it is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever been in. My interior lights have been going out one after the other and my rear view mirror that had the auto dim on it no longer works. Also it is having transmission problems and my drivers side door does not shut properly. My windows also leak and the inside of the doors are mildewed and stink and everytime I put my windows down I can smell it. Car is a lemon!!

02 Stratus SE V6
By moparenthusiast on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Stratus SE V6 in Jan. of this year with 18,--- miles on it. Performance is definately more then most people expect it to be, so it's fun getting on the gas. After about a month of owning the car, my interior brake light kept comming on and my brakes made a moaning noise. Took it to the dealership and they said "nothing was wrong". Recently took it back to the dealership and they determined that my rotors needed to be replaced. Also, now my transmission leaks. I still have about 6,000 miles left on my warranty so I'm sure the Dodge dealership will tell me my transmission doesn't leak for another 6,001 miles. Won't buy another used dodge.

Dave's Thoughts
By 4Pammi on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought thisd car for my wife. She test drove 13 vehicles from all different manufacturers and chose this car. She loves it and is very happy with it. She gets many compliments, and is very proud of her Stratus R/T.

Wonderful~
By ssaga on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought 2002 Stratus SE 2.4lb last week. It is not so powerful, but it is enough. the design is very pretty, I love it. engine sound is so quiet. two things I don't like is fuel economy and poor sound system.

Wow...My first new car!
By DJ Cha Cha on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned a 1969 Plymouth Valiant for 10 years. This is my first "new" car and I'm loving every moment. I do agree with everyone on here writing good reviews. I'm surprised at the great fuel economy for a v6 and love the tight suspension. I just put 18 inch wheels with 225/40/18 tires on it and man do they grab the curves of the road. I have not seen many of these cars around the Medford Oregon area. I get a lot of compliments on my car and everyone wants to know what it is. All in all I can't complain. I pray that I don't have the head gasket problem that I've read about in the late '90s models.

Everything Breaks
By Joe Vdiddy on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had less then 36,000 miles on my car and the heat and air conditioning stopped working. The car gets a moldy smell that I have brought back to the dealer 5 times for and they can't figure out what the problem is. The break sensor started going off 3 months into ownership and I have had the breaks looked at and now replaced but the light continues to go on around corners. The guy at the dealership says we can disconnect the fuse-great what happens when there is a real problem. The car

whine in drive train
By janjohn on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

has a disturbing high pitched drive train whine between 60 -70 mph. Have to turn on radio or open window to drown it out. Took it to dealer and they said all the 4sp od do it. Not satisfied with that and am going to pursue it.

My Baby Stratus
By bigbear69 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car....Its very reliable over the last 1 1/2 years. Great power, great look, great performance!! There are only 2 drawbacks to this car.....really only one MAJOR gripe! The front rims become FILTHY.....after any kind of trip. The brake dust is just disgusting....I love to keep my car in PRISTINe shape, but the front rims are the only downfall.

Stratus beats the competition
By vhalen on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Stratus for a year now, and I love it more every day. Even though the Stratus doesn't sell as well as the wildly popular Mitsubishi Eclipse, it provides just as much fun and excitement. You definitely need to get a manual to enjoy the powerful V6 to its full potential. The handling on this car is spectacular, it's comfortable, and it gets great mileage. I highly recommend this car!