2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Still going strong
By Marcs on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car new, no problems, fun to drive, great gas milage, and a very strong motor..

Like all but Electrical Problems
By tanksfull on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

No rattles after 40000 miles and handles beautifully but the electrical system is quirky.

I love this car!
By Jaydawg on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 38,000 miles and have not had many problems so far. The car handles and accelerates well and is easy to find performance and aftermarket accessories for it. Mileage is good and so is the sound. I have noticed that sometimes my sunroof will not open and my rearview mirror rattles when i turn up my subs which is something that I need to fix. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.

Vehicle rating
By knightrider on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Dodge Stratus has lots of style on the outside and the inside is nice, but poor quality. My carpet is lifting off the floor and some of the molding near the roof is not snug. Unfortunately, just recently had some problems with a leaky transmission and had to have the transmission pump replaced. Inspite of excellent maintenance the drivability of this car has deminished greatly.

Great ideas & design- build quality?
By Parryprime on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really liked this car when I bought it. I thought I really got a great value for the money. Powerful V6, good handling. Unfortunately at 30K the brakes went out so I had to get them repaired. The service man at the dealership had a distinctly ominous tone in his voice when he told me my transmission needed the powerflush. Yikes! I'm selling it and then I'm turning Japanese! I can't afford not to at this point. Let's face it, you might save 2k at purchase but you'll make up the difference through precipitous loss of value and major repairs. A good car for 2 years then, buyer beware!

One of the best cars I've owned
By jc1959 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about two years and have found it to be a good combination of sport car "fun-to- drive" and sedan practicality. Power and braking are excellent. It's loaded with options. The quality of construction is outstanding - no squeaks or rattles and everything works as it should. I have yet to take it in for anything more than routine maintenance. A great value for the money- about $15000.

HORRIBLE!!!
By DHDH on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

MOST HORRIBLE VEHICLE!! LEMON LEMON LEMON. EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR IS MESSING UP- TRANSMISSION, WINDOWS, SUNROOF, EVERYTHING. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS VEHICLE, WISH I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.

2002 4dr- sedan Stratus
By SkyyBlueGirl on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 96 Stratus before so naturally I went for the 2002 when it became time for a new car. I love the pretty color (sky blue) and the body style. I think the interior is an improvement from the older models. But I have to say I am REALLY disappointed that my car is leaking transmission fluid all over the place for no reason...the older version was (I have a feeling) way more reliable than the 2002. Other than the whole "transmission" problem (which is like, probably pretty bad for the outcome of my car over the years), the car is lovely. Hopefully you all have better luck...maybe I just got a bad seed.

0-60 in 1min
By Roger M on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although I didnt buy the Stratus for its performance, I was figuring it would have a little more "get up and go." The car handles like a dream though. Very good choice of tires. The car handles bumps and potholes very well with little or no kickback from the suspension. I am a fairly large man, and I am very comfortable in the cars seat. I upgraded the stereo. The interior is very durable. The woodgrain dash and the white face gauges are a nice adddition.

Nightmare
By mwaltjr on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 18,000 miles, the transmission needs to be replaced. Excessive brake dust is a constant problem. Good in poor weather and lots of passenger/cargo room. B/c of poor transmission issues, I can't recommend this car.