2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Dodge "Lemon" R/T
By rch on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had so many problems with this car. The front end is messed up,it is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever been in. My interior lights have been going out one after the other and my rear view mirror that had the auto dim on it no longer works. Also it is having transmission problems and my drivers side door does not shut properly. My windows also leak and the inside of the doors are mildewed and stink and everytime I put my windows down I can smell it. Car is a lemon!!

Dave's Thoughts
By 4Pammi on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought thisd car for my wife. She test drove 13 vehicles from all different manufacturers and chose this car. She loves it and is very happy with it. She gets many compliments, and is very proud of her Stratus R/T.

Stratus beats the competition
By vhalen on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Stratus for a year now, and I love it more every day. Even though the Stratus doesn't sell as well as the wildly popular Mitsubishi Eclipse, it provides just as much fun and excitement. You definitely need to get a manual to enjoy the powerful V6 to its full potential. The handling on this car is spectacular, it's comfortable, and it gets great mileage. I highly recommend this car!

Airwolf of the road
By T. Wilson on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I have a 79 Dodge Little Red Express. I have always been a Mopar fan. I love the styling and looks of the exterior and interior. It is one sharp car. Yes, it does impress the women. As far as the mechanical aspect, it is all in how you treat the car. Changing the sparkplugs on the R/T is nothing at all. The sound system is great. A/C performs well. I just don't have much to complain about the 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T. It is just a great car. Super car for a single person and for the money.

Love this car
By manson on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Embarassed a Mustang, when he caught up I was suprised to se the GT on the rear. Have got 30 MPG on a 75 MPH trip, regularely get over 25 even with kayak and/or bike on top. Have received unsolicited comments from passengers on comfort. Not the best at any on thing but the best combination of features, comfort and performance. 50,000 miles and no squeeks, rattles or any other problems.

Love my Miss-RT
By midge on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car a little over 6 months ago and have no major issues. Great "pick up and go." The Infinity stereo system is awesome. Have the same issue as a previous post though; the CD player does skip some, but only if I've left a cd in it over night then started playing it the next day. Simply ejecting the disk and putting it back in fixes this problem. The biggest irritant is the odometer is off by about 3 to 5 percent. It is gaining miles faster then I have traveled which is shortening my warranty and lowering my trade-in value. But I normally keep a car until it has very little value left anyway, so this is not too big an issue.

Sportster
By bakerstalder on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the car...husband should have thought twice before getting it, we have two young toddlers. No room!

Nice car
By DodgeBoy on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went in to buy a 2003 and found the last 2002 on the lot. Had all the options I didn't want, but because it was last year's model I got a good price. Overall a very nice car. Good acceleration, quiet, solid feel, a stiff but not harsh ride, quick steering response, and not bad on gas. The automatic (the one item I really DIDN'T want) is a little sluggish, go for the manual if you can find one. Turning radius is not as tight as I expected. So far no problems, except a weird unidentified and intermittent noise from the rear when starting.

black stratus
By redrpb on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what it is an affordable sporty car.

Dodge Makes One Great Car
By Stratus SE Owner on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2 DR SE model and it is awesome! Not only does it turn heads with it's sleek exterior, it has the performance to back it up. (V6, 200 HP). The car handles like a foreign sports car, very nice ride. Definitely recomend.