Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Most Helpful|
Love it
By Kendra

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Stratus I have owned and I still love it! My car has 175000 miles on it and it still is running strong. No leaks at all. I bought it used with a little under 150k miles on it. To my knowledge the only major part to be replaced is the clutch. The car doesn't handle the greatest, but then again it isn't a sports car (though I like to drive it like one). I mostly drive short trips around town and I get consistently 25 mpg. When I am traveling I get up to 28 mpg. The trunk space is fantastic! I have a big speaker box, and a wheelchair, and I can still fit all my groceries in there too! This car can hold it's own when it comes to power. If you can shift you can win!

Favorite Features

I love the overall look of the R/T models. I am partial to the 2001 and 2002 years. It has nice smooth lines and a laid back look. I also like the size of the doors and windows...it's proportionate. Today's cars have giant doors and little tiny windows.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder system! There is only one unless you open the center consol (which is a dumb idea). When you are using the cupholder you have to reach around or over the drink to shift. Not the worst thing to have to deal with.

Great car
By Old man

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new, 275,000 miles, no squeaks, rattles or recalls. 30 MPG on trips, embarrass a couple Mustang GT (to about 40 mph). Only unusual repair was replaced radiator.

Favorite Features

Great flat torque curve - very easy to red line.

Suggested Improvements

More head room.

11 years and going strong
By tara0724

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm sad others have had bad experiences with this car because mine has almost 160k miles on it and it drives like the day I bought it. I've had to do a few minor things, replace the radiator and the brackets that hold the rear shocks rusted through prematurely, but it really has been an awesome car for me. 11 years later I have had no issues at all with the engine or transmission. The only thing I hate about it is that the clip under the front bumper hangs so low that I parked too close to a parking block and broke that plastic piece in half. Operator error.

Reliable car
By Flo

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my Stratus R/T in 2002 w/about 2K miles. It's now 3/2007 and I have 214K miles on it. So far, I've had no problems with the car. The only repairs that were done to it were those necessary due to wear and tear. Thank God it has a Mitsubitshi engine...if it were a Dodge/Chrysler engine, I don't think the car would have lasted this long.

Favorite Features

Good V6 3.0 engine. Looks great 5 yrs later.

Suggested Improvements

Radio needs more power. Speakers are not the best.

Good car with great mods
By sam

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my wife, we have had it for 6 months and the only thing it has needed was an oil change. It came with after market mods like act Clitch and AEM air intake and Borla exhaust system. And aftermarket stereo system.

Favorite Features

Handling at high speeds is great

Suggested Improvements

Low speed turning radius leaves much to be desired