Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

i love my little sports car
By courtney

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love my little sports car. I fell in love with it the first time that I drove it and knew I had to have it. It has the perfect amount of get up and go and can get you in lots of trouble if you're not careful. Knock on wood that I have not had any trouble since I bought it. Now that I have gotten married I need a bigger car but I just can not stand the thought of someone else getting my baby. If I could I would keep it as my little run around car. Also I was told that I would not get better than 25 mpg on the highway. Well my little silver sports car fooled them. I get 31 mpg. I am very satisfied.

My favorite features are it has a 5 speed manual transmission, lots of power to get you where you need to go in a hurry. The outside is wonderful. People always comment on how fine my car is, and well really I love everything about it.

I do not really think it needs any improvements.

I loved it, just a couple minor issues.
By Chris Jensen

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought one of the first cars available. I loved the muscle car look. I buy my cars probably 75% on appearance first and go from there. The Dodge Stratus R/T has been fun to drive and still is. As far as problems in my fourth year as a Florida resident (heat) my dash started cracking in 3 spots and continues to worse all the time. The turning radius is awful with all the U-turns required in Florida. Front bumper catches on parking curbs constantly almost ripping it up. Other than these minor issues the rest of the car has been awesome and at that time in my life would do over again.

Muscle car look to it. Rear wheel drive would have been perfect and fun to drive aggresive.

Improve turning radius. Match Mitsubishi warranty. Add a convertible model and ditch the 4-door model.

Awesome Car
By JOVANNA

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have driven when it comes to speed and curves. Had a little trouble with the clutch after 36,000 miles. Got it repossesed, regret that and can't wait to get another one.

Exterior and engine

Interior, too much plastic

Nice look
By cm1212

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my R/T for 3 years. Only problem I had was bad rotors and my auto dimmer rearview mirror (just started disappearing) and the the wiring for the mirror is loose somewhere. But other than that it's been a great car and looks good!

Styling, sound, dependable

Fix the problem with the rotors and rearview mirror. Also give an option for heated leather seats!

Stratus R/T
By Steven

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Stratus R/T 5sp and loved it from the day I saw it. Very quick, fun to drive. Lost it in a accident and I can't wait to get another one same year

The car made a beautiful sound.

Navigation option, dual power seats option