2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Awesome Car
By JOVANNA on 12/20/06 12:14 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have driven when it comes to speed and curves. Had a little trouble with the clutch after 36,000 miles. Got it repossesed, regret that and can't wait to get another one.

Nice look
By cm1212 on 12/04/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my R/T for 3 years. Only problem I had was bad rotors and my auto dimmer rearview mirror (just started disappearing) and the the wiring for the mirror is loose somewhere. But other than that it's been a great car and looks good!

Stratus R/T
By Steven on 08/14/06 20:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Stratus R/T 5sp and loved it from the day I saw it. Very quick, fun to drive. Lost it in a accident and I can't wait to get another one same year

Can be fun, but...
By sad stratus owner on 05/01/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like how this car looks and how it handles, especially in slippery conditions, but I've had to bring it to a dealer for warranty repairs about every 3 months since I've owned it. The front suspension, interior wiring, pretty much every interior switch, radio, heater, transmission components, and other things have been replaced, some multiple times. It's also leaked transmission fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid. Now I need a steering rod replaced. Once the warranty on this car expires, I'm done with it.

My Second Dodge
By steve on 04/30/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is very dependable even in the coldest, wettest weather in the northeast, especially when very cold temps. Starts up without a problem even at 15 degrees. The car handles very well in blizzard conditions.

Love it
By mikey on 04/30/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the look of this car. I love the pickup it has and everything. I wish they would have made the interior a little sharper and the brake dust has got to go!

Happy driver
By deano on 04/11/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Has been a very good car, 65,000 so far. Will buy another one. Its fun, good fuel economy, reasonably fast, looks good, been reliable. Is holding its looks well. Has been much more fun with a set of Contis on it versus the OEM tires. Great in the MI snow.

Stratus R/T coupe
By Starvin' on 02/23/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a fun car to drive. The 5 speed manual is smooth and precise. The 3.0 has a broad powerband and you don't have to be constantly shifting down to keep it in it power range. It will suprise 5.0 mustangs. The car is nice to look at from the outside. I am not crazy about the interior I feel it has to much plastic. I drive 75 miles one way to work mostly driven at 75MPH and get ~27MPG. The R/T is not a family vehicle can get very cramped with 2 adults and a child seat in the back.

Fun car to drive-excellent value
By 2002 Stratus SXT on 02/15/06 22:19 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Stratus SXT is a fun car to drive with excellent pick up when accelerating. Very comfortable and handles very well on snowy and wet pavement. Some very minor repairs required during warranty period but were promptly repaired by dealer.

Stratus RT 2dr coupe
By Gregory Pappas on 01/08/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After the 36,000 mile warranty expired it had 10 problems including motor mount, air pressure engine sensor, trottle position sensor, starter motor, cam belt tensioner, 3 gear syncro, 5th gear synchro, A/C, battery, electric rear view mirror (twice), before reaching 66,000 miles. The front brake pads and clutch ($1,400) were replaced due to wear. I am 59 years old and drive mostly highway miles. This car has had more problems than the combined problems of the previous 6 Chrysler product cars I have owned over a 24 year period.