Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Dodge needs some work
By collegemike1

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car 05/2006 and when I test drove the car it was flawless. I fell in love! But months down the road, one thing after another happened. First it was the awful windshield complications, then the noisy dashboard which in actuality cracked somehow, the brake rotors I have to constantly get replaced, the rear view mirror wiring is really awful I have to rig it everyday just to get light in my car at night, my radio completely went out had to completely buy a new radio system, motor mount, don't even get me started on engine complications. Too much to detail. Couldn't pay me enough to buy another Dodge. Wouldn't recommend Dodge. Period.

The cup holders. That's it.

A new company overall. Thinking about dodge makes my stomach hurt..

A/C nightmare
By M. Shot

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Stratus R/T for 2.5 years and 3 dealership have not been able to fix the A/C. The last dealer to attempt to fix it told me they were on the phone with the engineers in Detroit. Apparently they don't know how to fix the A/c either. I've also had the wiring harness for the automatic rear view dimmer and map lights replaced. They still only work half the time. Other than that the car isn't all that bad.

The engine has a lot of power.

Don't waste your money!
By Melissa

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because I loved the look, and it seemed great durning the test drive It's had issues since I bought it! The steering wheel mysteriously locks up, then releases it's self, the brakes and rotors have been changed many times, by different people, so the constant squeaking and grinding I know has to be a problem with the car. The dash board rattles, the road noise is horrible, the windshield wipers are a joke (not the blades, the bolt holding them on, the part that squirts the cleaner, etc) And now the tranny's going out. There's so much more to complain about but I'll just leave it as I'll never buy another and highly suggest no one else does either!

I like the look of the car, and it has a huge trunk. Yup, that's about it.

The overall quality needs major improvements. My car is only 4.5 years old, and the entire thing is falling apart!

Best value for the money, stylish, and unique
By RT in NJ

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car will provide you the best value for your dollars. The car is so stylish and head turner. People will ask if it's really a Dodge. A lot of power and fun to drive, either. This car is awesome!

Style, room in back seats, power

Interior design and quality of dash board and wiring system. Turning radius

Reliable car
By Flo

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased my Stratus R/T in 2002 w/about 2K miles. It's now 3/2007 and I have 214K miles on it. So far, I've had no problems with the car. The only repairs that were done to it were those necessary due to wear and tear. Thank God it has a Mitsubitshi engine...if it were a Dodge/Chrysler engine, I don't think the car would have lasted this long.

Good V6 3.0 engine. Looks great 5 yrs later.

Radio needs more power. Speakers are not the best.