2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Stratus R/T coupe
By Starvin' on 02/23/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a fun car to drive. The 5 speed manual is smooth and precise. The 3.0 has a broad powerband and you don't have to be constantly shifting down to keep it in it power range. It will suprise 5.0 mustangs. The car is nice to look at from the outside. I am not crazy about the interior I feel it has to much plastic. I drive 75 miles one way to work mostly driven at 75MPH and get ~27MPG. The R/T is not a family vehicle can get very cramped with 2 adults and a child seat in the back.

Stratus RT 2dr coupe
By Gregory Pappas on 01/08/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After the 36,000 mile warranty expired it had 10 problems including motor mount, air pressure engine sensor, trottle position sensor, starter motor, cam belt tensioner, 3 gear syncro, 5th gear synchro, A/C, battery, electric rear view mirror (twice), before reaching 66,000 miles. The front brake pads and clutch ($1,400) were replaced due to wear. I am 59 years old and drive mostly highway miles. This car has had more problems than the combined problems of the previous 6 Chrysler product cars I have owned over a 24 year period.

Good fun for the buck.
By anthjaco on 08/18/05 03:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dodge hit a triple with this car! Good road feel and lots of get up! Good spacious interior and great sport look.

Black R/T
By Polo on 01/04/05 13:02 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car as a primary, but quickly picked up a winter beater because I couldn't stand to see my baby in the salt and snow. Have had minor problems (tire bulge from previous owner, rearview mirror lights not working all time) but the good far out- weigh the bad. You can't get a better looking car for the money. It will turn heads...even when its parked!

Honest Review
By Allabouttheradius on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

both exterior and interior are visually appealing. however, had to replace all 4 tires within first 18 months - any impact(gravel, curb) messes the tires up -they are expensive to replace. can't pull up to regular parking spots - front end sits so low it scrapes and eventually can tear and drag

cool car
By video0512 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the most part I have never had any problems with this car. I just never really enjoyed the ride and handling, especially for this to be a sport coupe. This car is not a great handler.

great car all around
By gabereyes on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great handling car, but in quick turns, tires get pretty loud, but a quick change of tires will correct it. ive got 20k miles on mine now and love it so far.

Still going strong
By Marcs on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car new, no problems, fun to drive, great gas milage, and a very strong motor..

I love this car!
By Jaydawg on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 38,000 miles and have not had many problems so far. The car handles and accelerates well and is easy to find performance and aftermarket accessories for it. Mileage is good and so is the sound. I have noticed that sometimes my sunroof will not open and my rearview mirror rattles when i turn up my subs which is something that I need to fix. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.

HORRIBLE!!!
By DHDH on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

MOST HORRIBLE VEHICLE!! LEMON LEMON LEMON. EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR IS MESSING UP- TRANSMISSION, WINDOWS, SUNROOF, EVERYTHING. I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS VEHICLE, WISH I NEVER BOUGHT IT. IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.