Love it
By Kendra on
2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
This is the second Stratus I have owned and I still love it! My car has 175000 miles on it and it still is running strong. No leaks at all. I bought it used with a little under 150k miles on it. To my knowledge the only major part to be replaced is the clutch. The car doesn't handle the greatest, but then again it isn't a sports car (though I like to drive it like one). I mostly drive short trips around town and I get consistently 25 mpg. When I am traveling I get up to 28 mpg. The trunk space is fantastic! I have a big speaker box, and a wheelchair, and I can still fit all my groceries in there too! This car can hold it's own when it comes to power. If you can shift you can win!
Favorite Features
I love the overall look of the R/T models. I am partial to the 2001 and 2002 years. It has nice smooth lines and a laid back look. I also like the size of the doors and windows...it's proportionate. Today's cars have giant doors and little tiny windows.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholder system! There is only one unless you open the center consol (which is a dumb idea). When you are using the cupholder you have to reach around or over the drink to shift. Not the worst thing to have to deal with.