2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: 02 Stratus SE V6

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

02 Stratus SE V6
By moparenthusiast on

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Stratus SE V6 in Jan. of this year with 18,--- miles on it. Performance is definately more then most people expect it to be, so it's fun getting on the gas. After about a month of owning the car, my interior brake light kept comming on and my brakes made a moaning noise. Took it to the dealership and they said "nothing was wrong". Recently took it back to the dealership and they determined that my rotors needed to be replaced. Also, now my transmission leaks. I still have about 6,000 miles left on my warranty so I'm sure the Dodge dealership will tell me my transmission doesn't leak for another 6,001 miles. Won't buy another used dodge.

Favorite Features

Powerfull 2.7 engine, the power adjustable driver's seat is a very nice feature. Very roomy for me, I'm 6'2" and still have plenty of head room and my leg room isn't real cramped.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job, better factory brakes from the dealer, and upgrade the brake sensor. (that's all that's wrong but the only i've been told to fix it is to disconnect it all together)