Used 2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Great car - gonna miss it!
By stratusgirl

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my Dodge Stratus - the reason I say "loved" is because I'm about to sell it to my brother. I'm upgrading to an SUV with 4 wheel drive, but if I wasn't, I would keep my Stratus. I also owned a 98 Dodge Stratus before I was in an accident and totalled it out, but my first choice was again, another Stratus. They are great looking, smooth confortable rides, good fuel economy, great get up and go and overall fun to drive. I never once had any maintenance issues with either Stratus I owned. I only had regular oil changes and that was all I ever had to do - these are great cars!

Favorite Features

Power driver's seat, trip computer with compass and external temp, V6 engine, but with great fuel economy, reliablility, no major maintenance problems

Suggested Improvements

They should have brought back the heated side mirrors on the newer models like I had on my '98.

One of the best cars I've owned
By jc1959

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about two years and have found it to be a good combination of sport car "fun-to- drive" and sedan practicality. Power and braking are excellent. It's loaded with options. The quality of construction is outstanding - no squeaks or rattles and everything works as it should. I have yet to take it in for anything more than routine maintenance. A great value for the money- about $15000.

Favorite Features

Body style, alloy wheels, CD stereo system, four-wheel disk brakes, fold- down rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more head room would be nice, otherwise, there's nothing left to be desired.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By CAUTIOUSLY OPTMSTX

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

THE ASSISTED BRAKING FEATURE TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO GET USE TO. I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT. IT FEELS AS THOUGH THE CAR IS JERKING. I CANT TELL IF I AM DOING IT OR NOT. THE GAS MILEAGE IS NOT BAD AT ALL. IT MAKES AN UNUSAL HUMMING NOISE WHEN ENGINE IS COLD. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IT ONLY HAD 10 MILES ON IT NOW WITH 9800 MILES IT STILL RIDES THE SAME JUST ABOUT.

Favorite Features

THE POWER DRIVER SEAT IS MATCHLESS. I LOVE IT.

Suggested Improvements

FOR NOW I DONT HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS. BUT I AM SURE EVERYONE WOULDNT MIND A LOWER COST. IF THE CAR ISNT MADE TO LAST AS LONG AS THE HONDAS, TOYOTAS AND SUCH IT SHOULDNT COST AS MUCH.

Everything Breaks
By Joe Vdiddy

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had less then 36,000 miles on my car and the heat and air conditioning stopped working. The car gets a moldy smell that I have brought back to the dealer 5 times for and they can't figure out what the problem is. The break sensor started going off 3 months into ownership and I have had the breaks looked at and now replaced but the light continues to go on around corners. The guy at the dealership says we can disconnect the fuse-great what happens when there is a real problem. The car

Favorite Features

looks sharp when clean-rims sparkle

Suggested Improvements

seats are like bricks

crap!!!!
By mcujiu

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for only one year. All i drive is highway miles, the easiest miles on your car. Well, now that my warenty is almost up i have had to replace the tourq converter, and the front tie rods. What else is going to break once my warrenty is up? All i have been hearing now is how cheap dodge has been making their cars. I am starting to beleive it. I wont buy another chystler product.