2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Good Car....
By Gray on 07/28/10 17:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car from a friend 4 years ago back in 2006. So far no major problems. Everything works, no paint problems. Small coolant leak noticed a few weeks ago. I drive the car a lot. The gas mileage is great and the drive is pretty smooth too. My only complaint is the plain interior. Changed the rear rotors once. That's the only major work we had to do. Overall, it's a good car to have.

good car for us
By jason f. on 10/22/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this car has been very good for us so far. We've put 105000 miles on the car since we bought and only one major complaint. We kept losing transmission fluid every few months. Problem was due to bad connectors not made for our seasons in Minnesota (so we were told). After being fixed several times under warranty and the warranty about to expire the dealership replaced the connectors with a different type and we have had no problems since. Gas mileage is not the best but when I step on the pedal I go.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!
By badyr on 10/19/09 08:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I got it. It was used and only 3 years old w/decent mileage. Then I drove it for a while... The transmission slipped in the cold weather, the water pump and alternator went and never mind trying to fix "simple" problems on your own. This car is a total nightmare to work on, very very expensive repair costs. Over the weekend it was stolen and the joke is on them because it was a piece of junk. Don't buy these cars, I have a feeling there are more lemons than reliable builds of this model out there. Save your money and put it into somethign that will last and not break the bank to fix. Water pump alone was over $600 to replace...

100K, little upkeep and running strong
By Dan on 08/03/09 00:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 100,000 miles this car is running strong and has never needed more than the usual upkeep [oil, brakes, tires, etc]. Car is noisier than original condition but is to be expected after 100k. Car has never overheated. Air conditioner, heater, electronics, power, control - everything is working in great condition. I have to say for the value, this car is well worth it.

Great while it last!
By Dwillams on 06/10/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased 2002 stratus with only 86k back in 2007 great car wood grain inside keyless entry, didn't have it for a year they car broke down needed head cover gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil pan needed be replaced, took it to the dealership paid almost 2g's to repair didn't have anymore issues. check engine light has been on past two year keep saying gas cap replaced it 3times never went off, come to find out it was the emissions hoses. I was few month paying it off, but to much was going on with it I traded it in for a 2007 chrysler sebring needed a upgrade! but i got my fun out of that stratus its a good car just dont dog it out!!

103K and no issues
By stan on 03/07/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Gas, tires, oil, brakes and 1 tie rod end. Not sure I even needed the tie rod. My only expenses after 7 years and 103,000 miles.

OK then Died at 115K
By Goser on 02/08/09 09:47 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I gambled when I bought this car. My brother works for Chrysler so I thought that I would keep him employed. Frequent brake replacements, Car ok til 70K major repairs= $2500 Luckily I had 7 year 100K drivetrain warranty. This year the engine over heated cost me 2K,(mistake) then the engine blew about 2 months later. Figured tranny next so I junked it. If I would have bought Toyota it would have still been running and worth money. DON'T buy a used one unless you have a death wish!

Stressed out Stratus
By Stressed out stratus on 12/10/08 00:29 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At only 54,300 miles the outer tie-rod snapped at joint. Vehicle is not driven hard or abusively. More problems found at time of oil change maintenance 60,000 miles. Good thing I purchased the extended warranty. Oil leak from front of engine. Transmission fluid leak from solinoid pack on side of transmission. Warranty covers work and I pay $100 deductable.

My bad experience
By PghGirl on 07/11/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I would never buy a dodge as long as i live. This car has had way too many transmission problems. It went in over 20 times for the transmission. Plus, when other things go wrong, you have to buy from Dodge directly. They also lied to me at the dealership. Was suppose to have a five year loan, have a six year. Never buy this car. Huge mistake.

Love It!
By tnelly2001 on 05/08/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 4/03 had 24,000 miles on it at the time it has 99,000 miles now. Have had a good time. Only thing took it into the dealer under warranty at 56,000 for transmission issues. Sticky but since seems still New!! Thank goodness!!