2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Never Again
By Steve on 03/08/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2 dr with 30k miles, had transmission problems @40k. Turning radius is horrible, the front bumper catches on just about every curb you get to close to. I had the passenger window motor replaced twice in one year, sun roof sticks for no reason at all. Alternator died 6 months after i bought the car, road noise was horrible, the engine never wants to start in very cold weather. Aside from ALL the defects, it was a very fun car to drive, very fast, very nimble in turns, great traction on snow/ice/rain..

Don't waste your money!
By Melissa on 04/03/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because I loved the look, and it seemed great durning the test drive It's had issues since I bought it! The steering wheel mysteriously locks up, then releases it's self, the brakes and rotors have been changed many times, by different people, so the constant squeaking and grinding I know has to be a problem with the car. The dash board rattles, the road noise is horrible, the windshield wipers are a joke (not the blades, the bolt holding them on, the part that squirts the cleaner, etc) And now the tranny's going out. There's so much more to complain about but I'll just leave it as I'll never buy another and highly suggest no one else does either!

black stratus
By redrpb on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what it is an affordable sporty car.

Dodge Makes One Great Car
By Stratus SE Owner on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2 DR SE model and it is awesome! Not only does it turn heads with it's sleek exterior, it has the performance to back it up. (V6, 200 HP). The car handles like a foreign sports car, very nice ride. Definitely recomend.

Happy Stratus Cp. Owner
By Stratus Owner on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am totally satisfied with my Stratus Coupe which is very tight and well made. One little known fact to most consumers is that the Status Coupe (2 dr.) and Status Sedan (4 dr.) are two completely different vehicles; the Coupe is Mitsubishi built (an Eclipse/Galant chassis). Even the seats and dashboard are totally different.It bothers me to see this vehicle reviewed and they only test the American 4 dr. which is very average, in my opinion, as compared to the Coupe. This car is Chrysler's best kept secret. The SE can be had for $20K.

A mere 8
By JCal on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The stratus coupe handles nicely, yet it's missing something, it tends to hestitate when you kick it down. It handles great around corners and is very quite inside. The four disk CD stero has anice sound system.

Excelent Car for the price
By Rossyman on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car about a month ago and absolutely love it. Blind spots a bit more difficult than I am used to, but not too bad. Other than that no complaints yet.

I love my Stratus
By ladycook on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Stratus. It is beautiful! I get compliments on it almost daily. And it is one of the most fun to drive cars I've ever had.

Stratus Coupe, the Four Cylinder Kind
By Silent on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Edmund's reviews mention two things that attract young buyers: low price, high performance. The same things also attract not-so-young buyers (me). The four-cylinder has acceptable power, and the five-speed enhances the driving experience.