Used 2002 Dodge Stratus SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Never Again
By Steve

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2 dr with 30k miles, had transmission problems @40k. Turning radius is horrible, the front bumper catches on just about every curb you get to close to. I had the passenger window motor replaced twice in one year, sun roof sticks for no reason at all. Alternator died 6 months after i bought the car, road noise was horrible, the engine never wants to start in very cold weather. Aside from ALL the defects, it was a very fun car to drive, very fast, very nimble in turns, great traction on snow/ice/rain..

Favorite Features

Big trunk, premium audio was very loud and clear.

Don't waste your money!
By Melissa

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because I loved the look, and it seemed great durning the test drive It's had issues since I bought it! The steering wheel mysteriously locks up, then releases it's self, the brakes and rotors have been changed many times, by different people, so the constant squeaking and grinding I know has to be a problem with the car. The dash board rattles, the road noise is horrible, the windshield wipers are a joke (not the blades, the bolt holding them on, the part that squirts the cleaner, etc) And now the tranny's going out. There's so much more to complain about but I'll just leave it as I'll never buy another and highly suggest no one else does either!

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car, and it has a huge trunk. Yup, that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

The overall quality needs major improvements. My car is only 4.5 years old, and the entire thing is falling apart!

black stratus
By redrpb

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exactly what it is an affordable sporty car.

Favorite Features

3.0V6 should have gotten the stick

Suggested Improvements

Problems with paint. chipping Sunroof shudders replaced once gurgles and tries to die when backing up ticking noise in rear dealer says normal youll get used to it

Dodge Makes One Great Car
By Stratus SE Owner

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2 DR SE model and it is awesome! Not only does it turn heads with it's sleek exterior, it has the performance to back it up. (V6, 200 HP). The car handles like a foreign sports car, very nice ride. Definitely recomend.

Favorite Features

Interior design, performance, exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an alloy wheel on the SE model standard. Get rid of the hubcaps.

Happy Stratus Cp. Owner
By Stratus Owner

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am totally satisfied with my Stratus Coupe which is very tight and well made. One little known fact to most consumers is that the Status Coupe (2 dr.) and Status Sedan (4 dr.) are two completely different vehicles; the Coupe is Mitsubishi built (an Eclipse/Galant chassis). Even the seats and dashboard are totally different.It bothers me to see this vehicle reviewed and they only test the American 4 dr. which is very average, in my opinion, as compared to the Coupe. This car is Chrysler's best kept secret. The SE can be had for $20K.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance - ext. and int. Handling Performance - 200 HP ... Very Quick

Suggested Improvements

Better Visability out of back window