2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
11 years and going strong
By tara0724 on 08/15/13 10:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm sad others have had bad experiences with this car because mine has almost 160k miles on it and it drives like the day I bought it. I've had to do a few minor things, replace the radiator and the brackets that hold the rear shocks rusted through prematurely, but it really has been an awesome car for me. 11 years later I have had no issues at all with the engine or transmission. The only thing I hate about it is that the clip under the front bumper hangs so low that I parked too close to a parking block and broke that plastic piece in half. Operator error.

Perfect car
By raypierce on 11/18/12 07:52 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. The dirty little secret is that the Stratus R/T coupe is built on the Eclipse GTS platform. So you get the American muscle body lines, with the Japanese reliability. I bought this car used at 100K miles, and it now has 210K miles with 0 problems. These are really built rock solid. Performance is also great and the suspension is a lot beefier than the eclipse. Please note, that these cars are completely different from the sedans. Which were built by Dodge. The only downside is that these cars are very rare. If you want a Stratus R/T coupe in manual....you are going to have a hard time finding one, since according to Dodge they built only 750 of these per year.

Great car
By Old man on 08/17/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new, 275,000 miles, no squeaks, rattles or recalls. 30 MPG on trips, embarrass a couple Mustang GT (to about 40 mph). Only unusual repair was replaced radiator.

Dont' buy one
By CAM on 07/06/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Worst car I have ever purchased. The car eats batteries and tires, burns a quart or so of oil every month. Replaced the tube that goes into the gas tank, rusted through. Motor on the power window on drivers side had to be replaced, sun roof sticks so you have to push it up to open it while holding the button down. Clear coat on the car is turning white so now I have a black car with big white spots on it. Turning radius? There is none, a semi is easier to turn. The front end needs work constantly & I drive like an old lady. The front end is so low to the ground it constantly bottoms out entering & exiting drives, parking lots, etc. Horrible traction in snow or rain.

ASWESOME
By Tink92 on 03/10/10 05:50 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought it. i don't know what these babies are complaining about my brother owned it before I did and it never went through all the high numbers these other peoples vehicles have. Maybe if they were to take care of it correctly they wouldn't be throwing away so much money.

Lemon
By alitap0408 on 02/19/10 08:45 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car three years old about four years ago. It performed great for about the first year and then it was a slippery slope not to mention an expensive one from there. I have replaced three transmissions (yes you read it right this is an automatic) and three batteries. The thing eats brake roaters for breakfast and I have to replace them about every 6 thousand miles as they warp. My lovely now has patches of white where the paint has done some sort of baking (it has been in a garage the whole time. The factory tinting on all of the windows has decided to start crawling down the windows.I think Dodge should be ashamed of themselves for putting such a poor quality vehicle on the road.

Love it
By Kendra on 11/09/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Stratus I have owned and I still love it! My car has 175000 miles on it and it still is running strong. No leaks at all. I bought it used with a little under 150k miles on it. To my knowledge the only major part to be replaced is the clutch. The car doesn't handle the greatest, but then again it isn't a sports car (though I like to drive it like one). I mostly drive short trips around town and I get consistently 25 mpg. When I am traveling I get up to 28 mpg. The trunk space is fantastic! I have a big speaker box, and a wheelchair, and I can still fit all my groceries in there too! This car can hold it's own when it comes to power. If you can shift you can win!

lemon
By lori454 on 10/02/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Stratus rt new in 02,Since then I have spent a small fortune keeping this thing on the road.I had a third radiator put in this summer.Went thru 5 batteries.Two starters,alternator.The brake rotors last about 7k miles and then warp.It uses a quart of oil a week.now the egr valve is shot.This car was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

Never Again
By Steve on 03/08/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2 dr with 30k miles, had transmission problems @40k. Turning radius is horrible, the front bumper catches on just about every curb you get to close to. I had the passenger window motor replaced twice in one year, sun roof sticks for no reason at all. Alternator died 6 months after i bought the car, road noise was horrible, the engine never wants to start in very cold weather. Aside from ALL the defects, it was a very fun car to drive, very fast, very nimble in turns, great traction on snow/ice/rain..

Good car with great mods
By sam on 07/06/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my wife, we have had it for 6 months and the only thing it has needed was an oil change. It came with after market mods like act Clitch and AEM air intake and Borla exhaust system. And aftermarket stereo system.