Used 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Happy driver
By deano

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Has been a very good car, 65,000 so far. Will buy another one. Its fun, good fuel economy, reasonably fast, looks good, been reliable. Is holding its looks well. Has been much more fun with a set of Contis on it versus the OEM tires. Great in the MI snow.

Favorite Features

Auto stick

Suggested Improvements

None

Fun to drive
By StratusRT

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The R/T package on the Stratus has one of the best handling suspensions I have ever driven. The 2.7 liter engine has very nice performance for this class. I find the interior design well thought out and attractive, much better than any of the Japanese cars I have been in in this class. My car gets driven pretty hard and in some pretty atypical conditions, but it has never let me down.

Favorite Features

Autostick is fun without the hassle of a manual in stop and go traffic. Great engine and great handling with smooth and powerful brakes as well. Five star frontal safety rating is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

The tires are a bit loud on some road surfaces. A/C needs to be stronger to keep up with 95+ degree sunny days in darker color cars.

Best Car I ever bought
By Todd Farally

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2002 Stratus R/T, it is hands down the best car I ever bought. I drive around town and everyone's head turns to look at it. Outside and in, its style is flawless. It handles great, corners like a dream and can stop on a dime. If you purchase this vehicle, I highly recommend you get it with the autostick feature. Autostick really helps in highway driving, plus its a lot of fun on windy country roads. The sound system is top-notch for a stock system. Well I hope what I've said helps people out who are looking for a great car at a affordable price. I can honestly say that you won't be let down by this automobile, I haven't been!

Favorite Features

Autostick, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Unbelievable!!!
By SilverGhost

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car after owning a 97 Avenger ES Coupe. I thought that car was great. This one is 10 times better than that one. It has a very fast 2.7L V6 Magnum engine. The handling is the best I have driven in a car (and that includes the BMW 3 Series). There is plenty of room in the trunk and in the interior. Great styling and an awesome ride all for under $25K.

Favorite Features

The great styling, interior (the carbon fiber look on the dash and the 4-in dash CD changer with the Premium Sound System) and exterior (the spoiler, 17inch rims, sunroof and the R/T logo). It has plenty of WOW in the power it brings to the street. Great pick-up and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visablity is a little smaller than I would like. The cup holders are very near to the 4CD changer (which is a little low to the floor as well).

Surprised winner of the Year!!!
By 02stratus

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It is the surprised winner, didn't think it would be, friend told me to test drive it and has love it since. Will totally surprise you, give it a test-drive.

Favorite Features

auto-stick, body, chrome rims.