2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Great car - gonna miss it!
By stratusgirl on 05/05/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my Dodge Stratus - the reason I say "loved" is because I'm about to sell it to my brother. I'm upgrading to an SUV with 4 wheel drive, but if I wasn't, I would keep my Stratus. I also owned a 98 Dodge Stratus before I was in an accident and totalled it out, but my first choice was again, another Stratus. They are great looking, smooth confortable rides, good fuel economy, great get up and go and overall fun to drive. I never once had any maintenance issues with either Stratus I owned. I only had regular oil changes and that was all I ever had to do - these are great cars!

One of the best cars I've owned
By jc1959 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about two years and have found it to be a good combination of sport car "fun-to- drive" and sedan practicality. Power and braking are excellent. It's loaded with options. The quality of construction is outstanding - no squeaks or rattles and everything works as it should. I have yet to take it in for anything more than routine maintenance. A great value for the money- about $15000.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By CAUTIOUSLY OPTMSTX on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

THE ASSISTED BRAKING FEATURE TAKES A LITTLE WHILE TO GET USE TO. I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT. IT FEELS AS THOUGH THE CAR IS JERKING. I CANT TELL IF I AM DOING IT OR NOT. THE GAS MILEAGE IS NOT BAD AT ALL. IT MAKES AN UNUSAL HUMMING NOISE WHEN ENGINE IS COLD. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IT ONLY HAD 10 MILES ON IT NOW WITH 9800 MILES IT STILL RIDES THE SAME JUST ABOUT.

Everything Breaks
By Joe Vdiddy on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had less then 36,000 miles on my car and the heat and air conditioning stopped working. The car gets a moldy smell that I have brought back to the dealer 5 times for and they can't figure out what the problem is. The break sensor started going off 3 months into ownership and I have had the breaks looked at and now replaced but the light continues to go on around corners. The guy at the dealership says we can disconnect the fuse-great what happens when there is a real problem. The car

crap!!!!
By mcujiu on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my stratus for only one year. All i drive is highway miles, the easiest miles on your car. Well, now that my warenty is almost up i have had to replace the tourq converter, and the front tie rods. What else is going to break once my warrenty is up? All i have been hearing now is how cheap dodge has been making their cars. I am starting to beleive it. I wont buy another chystler product.

Ups and DOWNS
By Duhd on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I would have said it was a 10. It had looks, smooth ride, low noise, roomy interior, and power. About 8 months and only 5,000 miles later, it developed a vibration and growling noise. After five visits to the dealer (who really didn't want to work on it) and a letter to Chrysler (who said if I didn't like the dealer, take it somewhere else), the possible cause was the transmission. With some research I found out that this troublesome transmission was the same one used in prior years only to be renamed. Would I buy this car again even though it has looks, comfort, power, etc..? NO! Maybe I just got the lemon of the bunch.

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus
By FreddieGN on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is not my vehicle but my brother owns a 2002 Dodge Stratus SE Plus! I love this car. Doing 60 on the highway feels more like 30! It has great fuel economy. He has it in Stone White with Dark Slate Gray Cloth. The back seat is comfortable enough for 2 adults and a 5 feet tall 12 year old. Perfect legroom in front and back!