2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
transmission
By south carolina on 03/20/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 4 dr 02 sedan Dodge Stratus just a little over a month ago. Now, the transmission has gone out. You all were right when posting about the transmission in this car. Glad I got to the two year warranty, Don't have to pay a dime. The car runs great, other than the transmission, everything is good.

Great car, bad tranny.
By Tim on 01/31/07 04:11 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years and over 100,000 miles this has proven to be a surprisingly comfortable and reliable car in general, and it has even aged very well. I've replaced niggling stuff like the wiper arms and washer nozzle, but everything else has held up. It's very easy on brakes and tires (each replaced only once in 100,000 miles), and the engine has always been smooth and quiet and required no unscheduled maintenance at all. The scary part is the most expensive part of the car. The transmission has been the leakiest I've ever seen in my life! It has leaked from day one and after replacing $1000 worth of hydrolic hoses and modules it has a bad leak again!

Stratus ES
By jimbuc43 on 12/01/04 08:44 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 ES is fun and reliable. Performance with the 2.7L engine is great and it gets good gas mileage. It also looks sporty with my added spoiler.

2002 4dr- sedan Stratus
By SkyyBlueGirl on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 96 Stratus before so naturally I went for the 2002 when it became time for a new car. I love the pretty color (sky blue) and the body style. I think the interior is an improvement from the older models. But I have to say I am REALLY disappointed that my car is leaking transmission fluid all over the place for no reason...the older version was (I have a feeling) way more reliable than the 2002. Other than the whole "transmission" problem (which is like, probably pretty bad for the outcome of my car over the years), the car is lovely. Hopefully you all have better luck...maybe I just got a bad seed.

Wow...My first new car!
By DJ Cha Cha on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned a 1969 Plymouth Valiant for 10 years. This is my first "new" car and I'm loving every moment. I do agree with everyone on here writing good reviews. I'm surprised at the great fuel economy for a v6 and love the tight suspension. I just put 18 inch wheels with 225/40/18 tires on it and man do they grab the curves of the road. I have not seen many of these cars around the Medford Oregon area. I get a lot of compliments on my car and everyone wants to know what it is. All in all I can't complain. I pray that I don't have the head gasket problem that I've read about in the late '90s models.

whine in drive train
By janjohn on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

has a disturbing high pitched drive train whine between 60 -70 mph. Have to turn on radio or open window to drown it out. Took it to dealer and they said all the 4sp od do it. Not satisfied with that and am going to pursue it.

Awsome
By Johnjohn on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Some have bad mouthed this car and Dodge cars in general. I love my stratus es. It handles great in the snow which was an important factor living in the northeast. I have owned 3 dodge cars and have never had a problem with any of them. If you keep up the maintenance on them they will last forever. My last car was a 1994 dodge shadow es i traded it in with 156,000 trouble free miles on it.

Exceptional & Really Fun to Drive
By makja on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

In one word "Exceptional". I decided on the ES package when purchasing my new Stratus. I opted for cloth instead of leather seats but made up for it with a power moon roof, CD changer & chrome rims. Besides it's sleak yet sporty looks this car makes you feel like you're floating when cruising down a country road with the moon roof open and windows down. But punch the gas to the floor and hang on. The 200 HP engine races from 50 to 100 in what seems like a few seconds. All in all exceptional handling, supreme power, sleak yet sporty looks & an exceptional sound system make this car the greatest I've ever owned.

dodge stratus 2001
By jbreach on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

competent performer for its tier - main complaint is poor rear visibility and uncomfortable front seats even with power seats - not a car to take on the road for a long trip