Used 2002 Dodge Stratus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER BOUGHT!!
By Marjorie Crawford

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 150,000 8 weeks ago. A week after I bought it, the check oil light came on. I took it to the shop and the oil pan was stripped and the transmission was leaking. The warranty covered a rebuilt transmission and new oil pan. The dealership had it for 3 weeks to do the repairs. Now 2 weeks after I get it back, the heat in the car goes out and it is only blowing cold air. I take it back to the dealership and they tell me it will take them a week to run diagnostics on it. I bought this car 8 weeks ago and have nothing but repairs. DO NOT buy this car!!!

Good Car....
By Gray

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car from a friend 4 years ago back in 2006. So far no major problems. Everything works, no paint problems. Small coolant leak noticed a few weeks ago. I drive the car a lot. The gas mileage is great and the drive is pretty smooth too. My only complaint is the plain interior. Changed the rear rotors once. That's the only major work we had to do. Overall, it's a good car to have.

Sound system is good. Overall a good car.

Just the plain interior.

100K, little upkeep and running strong
By Dan

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 100,000 miles this car is running strong and has never needed more than the usual upkeep [oil, brakes, tires, etc]. Car is noisier than original condition but is to be expected after 100k. Car has never overheated. Air conditioner, heater, electronics, power, control - everything is working in great condition. I have to say for the value, this car is well worth it.

Interior design. Ease of reaching controls [no sloping front console like found on many Asian sedans]. The fold down rear seats [40/60 split] is a great feature.

Great while it last!
By Dwillams

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased 2002 stratus with only 86k back in 2007 great car wood grain inside keyless entry, didn't have it for a year they car broke down needed head cover gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil pan needed be replaced, took it to the dealership paid almost 2g's to repair didn't have anymore issues. check engine light has been on past two year keep saying gas cap replaced it 3times never went off, come to find out it was the emissions hoses. I was few month paying it off, but to much was going on with it I traded it in for a 2007 chrysler sebring needed a upgrade! but i got my fun out of that stratus its a good car just dont dog it out!!

wood grain, keyless entry, body style, speed.

need more storage space in the car, cup holders are on the floor! better gas milage not alot to fill it up, but keeping it above half ridiculous!

103K and no issues
By stan

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Gas, tires, oil, brakes and 1 tie rod end. Not sure I even needed the tie rod. My only expenses after 7 years and 103,000 miles.