Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER BOUGHT!!
By Marjorie Crawford

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 150,000 8 weeks ago. A week after I bought it, the check oil light came on. I took it to the shop and the oil pan was stripped and the transmission was leaking. The warranty covered a rebuilt transmission and new oil pan. The dealership had it for 3 weeks to do the repairs. Now 2 weeks after I get it back, the heat in the car goes out and it is only blowing cold air. I take it back to the dealership and they tell me it will take them a week to run diagnostics on it. I bought this car 8 weeks ago and have nothing but repairs. DO NOT buy this car!!!

11 years and going strong
By tara0724

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm sad others have had bad experiences with this car because mine has almost 160k miles on it and it drives like the day I bought it. I've had to do a few minor things, replace the radiator and the brackets that hold the rear shocks rusted through prematurely, but it really has been an awesome car for me. 11 years later I have had no issues at all with the engine or transmission. The only thing I hate about it is that the clip under the front bumper hangs so low that I parked too close to a parking block and broke that plastic piece in half. Operator error.

Perfect car
By raypierce

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. The dirty little secret is that the Stratus R/T coupe is built on the Eclipse GTS platform. So you get the American muscle body lines, with the Japanese reliability. I bought this car used at 100K miles, and it now has 210K miles with 0 problems. These are really built rock solid. Performance is also great and the suspension is a lot beefier than the eclipse. Please note, that these cars are completely different from the sedans. Which were built by Dodge. The only downside is that these cars are very rare. If you want a Stratus R/T coupe in manual....you are going to have a hard time finding one, since according to Dodge they built only 750 of these per year.

The rarity...noone knows what it is...I always get asked what kind of car it is. Also the motor, the thing just pulls. And best of all you can still get more than 30mpg out of it. Also the power seats.

Exhaust note could be a bit more aggressive...but that is easily rectified with an aftermarket one.

Great car
By Old man

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new, 275,000 miles, no squeaks, rattles or recalls. 30 MPG on trips, embarrass a couple Mustang GT (to about 40 mph). Only unusual repair was replaced radiator.

Great flat torque curve - very easy to red line.

More head room.

Good Car....
By Gray

2002 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car from a friend 4 years ago back in 2006. So far no major problems. Everything works, no paint problems. Small coolant leak noticed a few weeks ago. I drive the car a lot. The gas mileage is great and the drive is pretty smooth too. My only complaint is the plain interior. Changed the rear rotors once. That's the only major work we had to do. Overall, it's a good car to have.

Sound system is good. Overall a good car.

Just the plain interior.