2001 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Mixed emotions

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Review

Mixed emotions
By '01 Stratus SE Sedan on

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Status was a company lease with high highway miles. I'm not quite sure what the deal was, but I had so many problem with the car. Luckily I had the factory and the extended warranty that I chose to purchase. I am currently on my third A/C & heating control module. The chrome lettering on the sides, "SE", "DOGDE", "STRATUS" peeled off. I t has very low head room, especially in the back seat. I was very surprised by the power it has for a 4 cylinder, but very disapointed in the gas mileage. I had the same mileage in my old Lumina 6 cylinder. I had a theory about first model year vehicles and a recent issue of Consumer Reports saying that they have more problems.

Although my views are mostly negative, I do like the agility of the car. The stereo is great for a factory system. Good trunk space with the fold down rear seats. I like the sleek styling even for a sedan.

More leg room for the driver. Ground clearence is too low. Not good for Upstate NY winter driving. Any lower and its a plow. Very tight engine compartment. Bad blindspots when looking right, passenger headrest gets in the way. Better fuel mileage is a must.