Do Not Make A Mistake
By JH on
2001 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased this car about 2 years ago with 65K miles on it. Now it has 84K miles on it and nothing but problems. I started having weird engine noises and I took the vehicle in right away. After having regular oil changes and receipts for proof...my problem was that I needed a new engine at a cost of $6K which my extended warranty declined. The problem was due to engine sludge which is a common and known problem with Dodge and Chrysler vehicles with the 2.7L engine. I found this out after the fact by doing a lot of research on the internet. Chrysler does not care. Beware and do your homework. I will be dumping this junk very very soon. Not to mention taking a huge loss in dollars.
Favorite Features
Car was fun for the very short life it had. Drive it for a year and then a ton of problems occur. Way too many too list here. I just listed the engine problem which was the final problem that will lay this car to rest.
Suggested Improvements
It's amazing that Chrysler can stay in business with such poor quality vehicles. The engine design/problem would have to be the first needed improvement. The second would have to then be for Chrysler to care about their customers.