2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
:-)
By expert on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely made for a 21 year old going to college and a job. It is stylish, well-performing, great safety, excellent mileage, and overall a great deal as far as price. The v6 engine roars like a bird! I bird that just crapped on some loser w/ a monte carlo!

Nick's Strat
By icyskratuz on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

my 2001 stratus is a great car. the auto-stick is an awesome feature, and fun to use. good top end performance, but not alot of modifications are avaliable for the stratus.

2001 Stratus Coupe SE
By Josh327 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What attracted me to the Stratus Coupe was first the styling, then I really couldnt believe the price. A fully loaded 200hp coupe for 20grand, not bad. Much better styled than the Monte Carlo. Build quality could be better, sometimes can hear rattles in back and in the dash. 3.0 V6 is a gem, very smooth, however max torque isnt achieved until higher in the revs, so if you drive like me, you are frequently in the 4-5rpm range. Overall a very good buy.

still satisfied
By sacramentodave on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving 22,000 miles with it, I can say that I am still very satisfied with the Stratus 2-dr SE. I have had no problems other than a few new rattles with the plastic interior. It still runs great after all this time and have not regretted the purchase. The price paid was 13,995 and was definitely worth it, especially with the great warranty.

Watch for odd intermittant problems
By casey on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Problems with loose electrical connections. Odd braking noises in hot weather and stop & go traffic. Occassional rattles in the dash as well. Wheel caps keep falling off as well. Otherwise I nice little overpriced car. Do NOT buy one at New Car prices.

Stratusfied
By jazzy1 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've always owned Civics/Accords, so I was very pleasantly surprised by the Dodge Stratus- a car that provides a driving experience every bit as satisfying as any Honda I've ever driven. Even better, the "base" model (SE) comes loaded with standard features- so you're getting a terrific value that includes style, performance, and comfort. If it proves to be as reliable as it is fun to drive, Daimler- Chrysler may have a customer for life. I love this car!

Ballsy Looker
By kelticgoddess on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Stratus after my boss bought her 2002. I happened upon it at a Ford Dealer and got a great deal. I don't see a lot of these on the road which I find strange. Why buy the Mitsu Eclipse which is smaller and, in my opinion, not as nice lookin' for more $$??? Anyway, the way the car drives is phenomenal and so are the looks you get driving it. The Infinity sound system is the best I have heard. I have always been into coupes and this one is by far the best I have driven.

Absolutely Love It!!
By jarenkad on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I needed something reliable, economical, yet not to "corny" looking...and I have not been disappointed in any aspect. I do a lot of driving and I plan to trade the one I have for a 2002. Not a bad word to say about it...I had been broadsided and the car was strong enough that I came out with nothing more than a bruised knee...I'd recommend one to anybody...and I already am responsible for someone else buying one...I LOVE IT!!!

Sporty yet economic
By Gable on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have put over 20,000 miles on my Stratus in just 9 months. I love driving it and she seems to love getting out there everyday on the open road. Definately a smart buy!

Best Bang for the Buck
By JRTC on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

On my way to buying another Mustang GT I stopped at the local Dodge dealer to test drive the Stratus SE 3.0. matched everything about the Mustang except the price which was considerably lower. This car is really fun to drive and at 50 I need all the fun I could get.