2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Stratus coupe is fun to drive
By MikeinPgh on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Stratus coupe looks great and is fun to drive. I have gotten several compliments on the car from strangers. Power from the V6 engine is great for getting on the freeway and going up hills.

Fun, Fun Fun
By Brenjliu on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun and powerful. The price was right as well. I love the quiet smooth ride. The controls are easy to reach and the power windows have a safety feature so you can't accidentally close t

Great car
By thirtysixhorses on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a powerful car. It changes word "merge" from a request to a command! I have gotten 35 MPG on road trips which is just amazing. It gets a solid 24 in everyday city driving. You really have to read the owner's manual completely because there are so many selections on the options. Especially learn how to set the compass to the area you drive in--even the dealer(s) don't seem to know this.

Oneawesomelittlesportcoupe
By sac7481 on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am totally in love with my car!!! It is a joy to drive and the Infinity stereo system that is factory installed, it awesome!!! I had the owner of a car audio store say that it is the best that he ever heard from the factory!!!!! Couldn't be happier with my purchase..

2001 Dodge Stratus
By friscowhitehouse on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful, classy, looking family car.

awesome!!!!
By cjfri on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have loved dodge since i owned my avenger what a wonderful experiance i have had with my cars. I love the way they take care of me. Drove from colorado to iowa without a problem.

Better off in a Hyundai
By Vaccaro Greaves on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My first & LAST experience with Dodge. Dad warned me...The horsepower is a joke. 6 disk CD changer has been replaced 3 times in the last 2 years as it would not release nor play CD's. Driver side auto window function is a joke; has to be pressed 2 or 3 times for the window to go down by itself. The car shakes while i sit idling with foot on brake & they made a loud noise for a long time that the dealership said they couldn't fix. You have to practically stand at the car door for the keyless remote to work. Trunk does not latch easily, has to be slammed real hard. I had 2 Hyundai's before this car and they were a LOT better.

Attention Grabber 4 Sure
By rtlady on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have had my car 2 years today and it still turns heads. If you love attention, this is definitely the car for you! Paint finish is awesome - still looks like a new car.

Almost 2 years of fun drivin'!!
By Shaner on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2-Dr. Stratus SE for almost 2 years and I haven't had one problem. I drive all over the state for my job (in MN). It handles great in snow. The 200 hp V6 is a beauty weaving in-n- out of freeway traffic (I swear it has more gusto than the V8's I owned in high school). Handles corners like a dream. Stylish interior & exterior and a roomy trunk are a huge plus. Fairly easy to get a kid in-n-out of the backseat. Also, probably the best stock stereo I've ever heard. Overall, a solid, dependable and extremely fun car to drive & own. I couldn't be happier.

AWESOME
By WIDOWMAKER on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Going from an SUV to the Dodge has been a delight. What an absolutely fun car to drive. Talk about a head turner-- from the wheels, to the sun roof to the stereo system. A value priced car for the options. I have not had to go back to the dealership for any service other than routine oil change and tire rotatation. I may have to keep this car for a while--simply because I enjoy it. I have the five speed and love the sport suspension.