2001 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: 4 years later...

2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

R/T Coupe (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

4 years later...
By rtlady on

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

...and I still love this car. Only flaws so far-I'm still having to replace or turn rotors every 7,000 miles or so, and they squeak inbetween the whole time. Definitely a bummer given that the car is such a head- turner. Also, my EGR valve went shortly after the 3 year factory warranty was up, and extended warranty doesn't cover any vehicle emissions equipment. Cosmetically, the paint has held up great (but then I really baby it) except the door handles look faded and the chrome-like finish is peeling off some of the letters. I also started hearing a "sproing" like noise around 20,000 miles when I first start the car and put it in drive and dealer can't find source of problem.

Paint finish, "head-turning" factor, great acceleration, and the awesome stereo system.

Improved or larger rotors. Definitely should have had dual exhaust. Improve the turning ratio, and decrease space between top of tire and wheel well to give a more aggressive look. Biggest drawback to this car is the lousy resale value and poor service.