Used 2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Good Car until 85K
By redbird

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 30K, and didn't have any major problems until 85K...then it seemed like every month something else went wrong. It started small with a short in the radio which led to several blown fuses. Then the fan motor speeds and rear defrost began to fail. 90K, cracked head gasket. 100K transmission began leaking. Replaced shift pack, started leaking again at 120K. I drove it hard, but it didn't hold up like I expected. Traded it in at 130K.

Favorite Features

It got great gas mileage throughout. Liked the fold down rear seats and large trunk. I could replace the headlights myself.

Suggested Improvements

Resolve expensive electrical issues. Easier access to replace brake lights.

Sweet car
By doingstuff

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car new in '01. No problems. After 8 years finally have had to start spending some cash on it. Repairs here and there, but nothing that's not normal wear and tear

Favorite Features

Sleek lines, the drive is smooth. Beautiful car, a joy to own

Suggested Improvements

Stronger engine for the 4 cyl. Better redesign for cup holders

Don's Review
By Don

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with almost 120,000 miles and it drives pretty decent. I've turned several heads with the cars already stylish exterior, with just a few simple mods. First the cars' door molding was shaved to give it the clean look; then I painted my calipers and after market black headlights. After some modifications regarding appearance, I then bought a intake and exhaust system and now I'm up to about 225 hp. You can definitely feel the power and I especially love the improved 0-60 time.

Favorite Features

The sunroof, and the autostick, is very fun to use (I like the ability to control the car w/o a clutch).

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes the engine doesn't want to live up to the true amount of HP it has, and the acceleration is depleted. A few people said that it may be my spark plugs, but I wonder if its true that the 2.7 L does have engine sludge problems.

Love my Stratus
By Love the Stratus

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay so I'm 18 and I just graduated high school. I'm a typical teen and I really push my car like all teens do lol. I have the 2001 Dodge Stratus 4 door SE Sedan with the 2.4L V4 and i love it! It was my cousin's car and it's mine now. It was originally a rental car so tons of people have driven it including my cousin and me and let's say we're not the best drivers ha ha. I love my stratus. For a midsize sedan with only a V4 it's a great little car. I love the interior and exterior. I love the aggressive dodge look it has from the front. Also for a V4 it preforms well. Its not bad on gas, its 20 city and 28 highway. It could be better but its okay for me. I love it and i would recommend it to anyone!

Favorite Features

The smooth ride, the roomy interior, the comfy seats, the AWESOME sound system, huge trunk, and large amounts of storage throughout the interior. I come from a whole family of Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep only owners and none of their cars are bad. I love Dodge. They make excellent cars!

Suggested Improvements

The fuel isn't bad at 20/28 but it could be better. Other than that I don't have any complaints.

Well?
By missreed

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I purchase my car used in 2005 at 97,000 miles. One year after buying my car, I had to replace my transmission computer which cost around 450 including labor at a Dodge dealership. No huge problems since. Currently, I have a trans leak coming from shift shaft I'm going to get fixed) also problems sometimes with rear defrost and Windows. Now car has 178,000 miles and running ok. I get my tunes ups and oil changes every 3-4000 miles. I'm driving this car till the wheels fall off- can't afford another car payments! Body in good shape. All yeah, gas meter jumping up and down? What's that about when I keep my car on full all the time?

Favorite Features

good gas car

Suggested Improvements

bottom of car too low!!