2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
dodge stratus se coupe 2001 the truth about it
By onlythetruth on 03/02/13 02:15 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

good things :when i am driving my car,it is as fast as new cars,never behind them,most time in front of. aceleration brilliant,you will be really surprised about it.really fun to drive.edmunds said the truth about it. brakes enough good,4 discs. engine sounds excelent,trunk huge for a coupe car .rear seats very comfortable,they look like sedan seats ,not like the caracteristics coupe little seats.sound sistem enough good.i reproduce music with my phone and sounds powerful.and the last good thing,the car looks really nice for 2001. and now the bad details,,the front bumper is too low,and sometimes hit the front line when i am parking, and the last one, turning ratio is not so good

Don's Review
By Don on 08/22/08 23:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with almost 120,000 miles and it drives pretty decent. I've turned several heads with the cars already stylish exterior, with just a few simple mods. First the cars' door molding was shaved to give it the clean look; then I painted my calipers and after market black headlights. After some modifications regarding appearance, I then bought a intake and exhaust system and now I'm up to about 225 hp. You can definitely feel the power and I especially love the improved 0-60 time.

Run of the mill sedan
By Dave on 01/21/07 07:32 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very frusturating car to own. I've experienced steering and electrical problems from day one. Blower fan not working on all speeds, radio turning on/off by itself, rear defroster problems. Had to replace the rack and pinion at 42,000 miles. Transmission pan to low to ground making it easy to bottom out resulting in leaks.

Engine Blown
By Jerry on 05/30/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Engine problems and more engine problems. At first it seemed great but at 55-56K it started to decline. I serviced every 3K and all regular maintenance. At around 90K, I needed my main gasket replaced. Then last week I was informed my engine was shot. Also, had some electrical problems with my windows and especially my radio/CD player. I purchased new with every upgrade, even smokers package (I later learned, even though I have never smoked for xtra $20). Car still looks great, interior & exterior still looks new. This is the second Dodge that this has happened, I owned a Jeep before this and I was to dumb to learn. Never again! I am buying a Toyota! Do your homework, don't buy Dodge

Dodges = Fun to Look at... Bad to Own
By cwy on 03/30/06 15:57 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love Dodge styling overall and have owned several Dodges over the years. Had a 6cyl 2001 Stratus ES for almost a year but experienced constant overheating problem, steering problems, and ball joint replacements. This was a "certified" used car from a Dodge dealership. Had a 98 ES also with almost no problems in aver 75K miles but this one was a bust. Also had two Caravans which experienced ATX problems and various brake and lesser interior fit and finish issues... going to Toyota and Honda... mmmm...but must resist Dodge nice styling and innovative features (Charger/Magnum/300...etc)

Do Not Make A Mistake
By JH on 01/26/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 2 years ago with 65K miles on it. Now it has 84K miles on it and nothing but problems. I started having weird engine noises and I took the vehicle in right away. After having regular oil changes and receipts for proof...my problem was that I needed a new engine at a cost of $6K which my extended warranty declined. The problem was due to engine sludge which is a common and known problem with Dodge and Chrysler vehicles with the 2.7L engine. I found this out after the fact by doing a lot of research on the internet. Chrysler does not care. Beware and do your homework. I will be dumping this junk very very soon. Not to mention taking a huge loss in dollars.

2001 Dodge Stratus ES, My 39000 View
By BelvilleTJ on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The handling and performance reminds me of my 91 Maxima. A bit more power and better gas mileage. I was afraid of the Dodge reliability but no problems except a rattle that has developed in the last 500 miles, I think it is a heat shield. The auto-stick is fun, with a bit more torque from the motor everything would really work smoother, I was used tho the Buick 3.8 before this car. Bang for the buck and the looks of the Stratus pulled me to at least try the Dodge.

Nick's Strat
By icyskratuz on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

my 2001 stratus is a great car. the auto-stick is an awesome feature, and fun to use. good top end performance, but not alot of modifications are avaliable for the stratus.

Help, They cannot fix it
By Ronda on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

First, let me say I love this car with two exceptions. My first problem is a very high pitched squeaking noise when accelerating and it goes away immediately when letting off the accelerator. The car has been in the shop 3 times with 3 different answers. Shop #1 told me that they know about this but cannot fix it. Shop #2 told me it was the steering pump and they replaced it, but that didn't work. Shop #3 told me there was a recall and they replaced the power steering fluid, of course that didn't correct the problem either. My other concern is the huge drop in value of this car. I have every option on my car and it has dropped half its value in 6 months, that seems a bit excessive.