2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
dodge stratus se coupe 2001 the truth about it
By onlythetruth on 03/02/13 02:15 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

good things :when i am driving my car,it is as fast as new cars,never behind them,most time in front of. aceleration brilliant,you will be really surprised about it.really fun to drive.edmunds said the truth about it. brakes enough good,4 discs. engine sounds excelent,trunk huge for a coupe car .rear seats very comfortable,they look like sedan seats ,not like the caracteristics coupe little seats.sound sistem enough good.i reproduce music with my phone and sounds powerful.and the last good thing,the car looks really nice for 2001. and now the bad details,,the front bumper is too low,and sometimes hit the front line when i am parking, and the last one, turning ratio is not so good

Get Checked out
By jimmy114 on 11/10/11 12:18 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Stratus has 122000 miles on it and timing belt is going out ($1000) and the body model control is going out ($1000) the car isnt worth much more then that... the inside is nice but all the handles are broken. If your going to buy the STRATUS get it checked out as for me i recommend you move on and find something else

Dodge Stratus: Built to be a Rental Car
By turtledude558 on 06/10/10 02:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is BLAND. Nothing's gone wrong for the time that I've owned it, but there's just nothing special about this car. Exterior is anonymous and blends in with other cars and the interior feels cheap. Fuel economy is weak and power from the V6 is only adequate. Ride is decent when on smooth surfaces. Car's composure is easily lost when driving over bumps. Annoying high-pitched noise can be heard when depressing the accelerator (but not accelerating hard).

I'm Lovin It
By One Old Radio on 04/26/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new. I have 171,251 miles and have had no major problems. Did replace water pump and timing chain at 100,000 mile check up. Did replace Air Conditioner at 156,000 miles. Alternator at 160,000. I consider these normal wear and tear items. Car still looks new and runs like new. I enjoy driving it every time I'm in it. Now is showing some signs of problem. One door lock doesn't work and one electric window won't work. But, still for it's age and miles I consider it a good car. I would own another one. Chrysler did a good job with the 2.7 V6 engine and auto trans.

I love my stratus
By gibbyprls on 03/25/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my stratus in October of 2001 with only about 1000 mile on it and now it has 113,561. I love to drive it all the time. It had the original tires on it at 62,353 and my 1 2 3 speed on my air conditioner went out at 96,000 but the 4 speed still works. Even though it a old car i still love it.

Good Car until 85K
By redbird on 02/20/10 19:29 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 30K, and didn't have any major problems until 85K...then it seemed like every month something else went wrong. It started small with a short in the radio which led to several blown fuses. Then the fan motor speeds and rear defrost began to fail. 90K, cracked head gasket. 100K transmission began leaking. Replaced shift pack, started leaking again at 120K. I drove it hard, but it didn't hold up like I expected. Traded it in at 130K.

Sweet car
By doingstuff on 02/24/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my car new in '01. No problems. After 8 years finally have had to start spending some cash on it. Repairs here and there, but nothing that's not normal wear and tear

Don's Review
By Don on 08/22/08 23:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with almost 120,000 miles and it drives pretty decent. I've turned several heads with the cars already stylish exterior, with just a few simple mods. First the cars' door molding was shaved to give it the clean look; then I painted my calipers and after market black headlights. After some modifications regarding appearance, I then bought a intake and exhaust system and now I'm up to about 225 hp. You can definitely feel the power and I especially love the improved 0-60 time.

Love my Stratus
By Love the Stratus on 07/09/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay so I'm 18 and I just graduated high school. I'm a typical teen and I really push my car like all teens do lol. I have the 2001 Dodge Stratus 4 door SE Sedan with the 2.4L V4 and i love it! It was my cousin's car and it's mine now. It was originally a rental car so tons of people have driven it including my cousin and me and let's say we're not the best drivers ha ha. I love my stratus. For a midsize sedan with only a V4 it's a great little car. I love the interior and exterior. I love the aggressive dodge look it has from the front. Also for a V4 it preforms well. Its not bad on gas, its 20 city and 28 highway. It could be better but its okay for me. I love it and i would recommend it to anyone!

Well?
By missreed on 04/09/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I purchase my car used in 2005 at 97,000 miles. One year after buying my car, I had to replace my transmission computer which cost around 450 including labor at a Dodge dealership. No huge problems since. Currently, I have a trans leak coming from shift shaft I'm going to get fixed) also problems sometimes with rear defrost and Windows. Now car has 178,000 miles and running ok. I get my tunes ups and oil changes every 3-4000 miles. I'm driving this car till the wheels fall off- can't afford another car payments! Body in good shape. All yeah, gas meter jumping up and down? What's that about when I keep my car on full all the time?

1 2 3 4 5 next »