Used 2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

dodge stratus se coupe 2001 the truth about it
By onlythetruth

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

good things :when i am driving my car,it is as fast as new cars,never behind them,most time in front of. aceleration brilliant,you will be really surprised about it.really fun to drive.edmunds said the truth about it. brakes enough good,4 discs. engine sounds excelent,trunk huge for a coupe car .rear seats very comfortable,they look like sedan seats ,not like the caracteristics coupe little seats.sound sistem enough good.i reproduce music with my phone and sounds powerful.and the last good thing,the car looks really nice for 2001. and now the bad details,,the front bumper is too low,and sometimes hit the front line when i am parking, and the last one, turning ratio is not so good

Get Checked out
By jimmy114

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Stratus has 122000 miles on it and timing belt is going out ($1000) and the body model control is going out ($1000) the car isnt worth much more then that... the inside is nice but all the handles are broken. If your going to buy the STRATUS get it checked out as for me i recommend you move on and find something else

One thing it has is a nice style to it for the cheap price

Dodge Stratus: Built to be a Rental Car
By turtledude558

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is BLAND. Nothing's gone wrong for the time that I've owned it, but there's just nothing special about this car. Exterior is anonymous and blends in with other cars and the interior feels cheap. Fuel economy is weak and power from the V6 is only adequate. Ride is decent when on smooth surfaces. Car's composure is easily lost when driving over bumps. Annoying high-pitched noise can be heard when depressing the accelerator (but not accelerating hard).

V6 engine (can't imagine having to live with the 4-cyl if the V6 is the "upgrade"), trip computer, CD player.

Door handles (there's no discernible "click" when you pull it open so it feels all soft and spongy - leaves you with the idea of low quality before even driving it). Better ride. Better fuel economy. Cup holders closer to the driver. Interior that gave off some impression of quality.

I'm Lovin It
By One Old Radio

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new. I have 171,251 miles and have had no major problems. Did replace water pump and timing chain at 100,000 mile check up. Did replace Air Conditioner at 156,000 miles. Alternator at 160,000. I consider these normal wear and tear items. Car still looks new and runs like new. I enjoy driving it every time I'm in it. Now is showing some signs of problem. One door lock doesn't work and one electric window won't work. But, still for it's age and miles I consider it a good car. I would own another one. Chrysler did a good job with the 2.7 V6 engine and auto trans.

Auto stick feature. Comfortable seats. Good Sound system. Peppy engine.

Different head light lenses. A little more ground clearance.

I love my stratus
By gibbyprls

2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my stratus in October of 2001 with only about 1000 mile on it and now it has 113,561. I love to drive it all the time. It had the original tires on it at 62,353 and my 1 2 3 speed on my air conditioner went out at 96,000 but the 4 speed still works. Even though it a old car i still love it.

Everything

I think Chrysler needs to have better gas mileage.