2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Fair mechanically, bad cosmetically
By lykeh17 on 09/29/11 18:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine since new. I read the other review of the black paint, and I have the same problem. The top coat of paint just flakes off over time and makes your car look like it has dry skin. I have givin up washing it. Very disappointing. And also the dash is cracked in 4 places along the defrost vent. I have replaced the exhaust manifold because of cracks also. The car performs well and kicks but when you mash on the pedal. It gets reasonable mileage for a 4 banger. Even at 141000 miles. If Dodge would have put their own drive train in this car it would have been like the Vega. Mitzu makes a good engine. Also, if your 6' 2" or more, this car is too small for you.

Good while it lasted.
By Anomaly21 on 11/13/07 20:58 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car (the coupe) is just a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a different outer body. It's fun to drive and I still got complements even though its an '01. I traded it about a month ago with 80K miles. The transmission went without any warning whatsoever, the interior was falling apart (dash cracking in sun, door handle breaking) and paint on the door was chipping. This was upseting because I felt like I was fighting a loosing battle in tring to keep it nice, by the end it looked like I treated it like crap which was not the case. It was fun to drive with good performance from the Eclipse 3.0 200hp v6. It however kind of stunk in the winter even though it was front wheel drive and had decent tires.

I would recommend this to anybody!
By DodgeMan on 09/22/06 13:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Bought my 2001 Stratus SE Coupe last year at 100,000 miles for $7,000. It runs still to this day with no problems. Sure there are oil changes every 3,000 miles, but nothing else! Runs beautiful still to this day, and now has 203,000 miles Wow!

Stay away
By Travlnmn41 on 10/27/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Do not buy this car. My AC went out after 3 years and it was no minor problem -- it was a $2,700 problem. Also had to completely replace my brakes and one part unique to the coupe was hard to find. The shop had to special order it and I was without a car for a week.

Stratus Review
By stangscg on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent performance from a reasonably priced package. Design that gets many positive comments, even with the car being now 4 years old. Good sound system. Excellent reliability.

fun to own; fun to drive
By cgraham on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed this car so far. Good performance, good gas mileage. Very comfortable on long trips; it drives smoothly and has no trouble at all with interstate on-ramps or passing. Haven't had to have any work done on it. Only downside is the 205/55R16 tires, which could be expensive depending on where you go. (I had the OEM Goodyears put on and it was over $400. Other than that, great car.

A whole lot of a car for little money!
By Fuzz on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you want the features and performance of a $30,000 car for $20,000 this is the way to go. I travel approx. 30,000 miles a year (all city) and have a total of 107,000 miles on the car with no problems at all to date. The only bicker I have with the car is a lot of rattling comming from the cabin. But I quess that is expected from a 100,000 mile car. The gas mileage could be a little better. Have the 4-speed Auto and still shifts and performs like I just drove it off the lot.

Excellent car
By mcmusic on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. The 200 horsepower and 205 ft-lbs of torque make it particularly fun to drive. Nice thing about the engine and transmission is that you don't have to wait for the power to kick in like other vehicles.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM
By CPD on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice, fun to drive.

2001 Dodge Stratus SE
By Bridget on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car. It has a sleek style and it is fun to drive. I feel safe driving in it and very comfortable. Even though it isn't exactly a family sedan it offers extra safety features for car seats and individual cup holders and reading lamps. The power mirrors and cd and cassette feature is very nice!