2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
dodge stratus se coupe 2001 the truth about it
By onlythetruth on 03/02/13 02:15 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

good things :when i am driving my car,it is as fast as new cars,never behind them,most time in front of. aceleration brilliant,you will be really surprised about it.really fun to drive.edmunds said the truth about it. brakes enough good,4 discs. engine sounds excelent,trunk huge for a coupe car .rear seats very comfortable,they look like sedan seats ,not like the caracteristics coupe little seats.sound sistem enough good.i reproduce music with my phone and sounds powerful.and the last good thing,the car looks really nice for 2001. and now the bad details,,the front bumper is too low,and sometimes hit the front line when i am parking, and the last one, turning ratio is not so good

great car!
By mc_stratus on 06/26/12 20:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my stratus about a month ago. I have had absolutely no problems with it. it rides like a dream and has plenty of power all though the rpm band. if you are looking at one i was skeptical if i would adjust to the smaller windshield and sportier feel, but i did very quickly. I read many of these before finally buying a car. For the money i don't think you will find a better car. my only complaint although small is that if you like to drive with mirrors the blindspots can be tricky, but easily remedied by physically looking or blindspot mirrors. If considering one, they are worth it.

Get Checked out
By jimmy114 on 11/10/11 12:18 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Stratus has 122000 miles on it and timing belt is going out ($1000) and the body model control is going out ($1000) the car isnt worth much more then that... the inside is nice but all the handles are broken. If your going to buy the STRATUS get it checked out as for me i recommend you move on and find something else

Fair mechanically, bad cosmetically
By lykeh17 on 09/29/11 18:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine since new. I read the other review of the black paint, and I have the same problem. The top coat of paint just flakes off over time and makes your car look like it has dry skin. I have givin up washing it. Very disappointing. And also the dash is cracked in 4 places along the defrost vent. I have replaced the exhaust manifold because of cracks also. The car performs well and kicks but when you mash on the pedal. It gets reasonable mileage for a 4 banger. Even at 141000 miles. If Dodge would have put their own drive train in this car it would have been like the Vega. Mitzu makes a good engine. Also, if your 6' 2" or more, this car is too small for you.

Pretty Good
By G. Mag on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall has been a pretty solid car. Handles well and has good acceleration. Had to get rid of the Goodyear Eagles, replaced with Potenzas and hydroplaning and winter driving vastly improved. Had to replace EGR solenoid at 50,000, rt front wheel bearing at 100,000 and rear sway bar links but has been very reliable throughout my 6 yrs with it. Paint and body have held up very well. Took it to the Dodge dealership for the EGR light and they had no idea what to do w it. Drove over to the Mitsu dealer and they fixed it in 30 min.

Dodge Stratus: Built to be a Rental Car
By turtledude558 on 06/10/10 02:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is BLAND. Nothing's gone wrong for the time that I've owned it, but there's just nothing special about this car. Exterior is anonymous and blends in with other cars and the interior feels cheap. Fuel economy is weak and power from the V6 is only adequate. Ride is decent when on smooth surfaces. Car's composure is easily lost when driving over bumps. Annoying high-pitched noise can be heard when depressing the accelerator (but not accelerating hard).

I'm Lovin It
By One Old Radio on 04/26/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new. I have 171,251 miles and have had no major problems. Did replace water pump and timing chain at 100,000 mile check up. Did replace Air Conditioner at 156,000 miles. Alternator at 160,000. I consider these normal wear and tear items. Car still looks new and runs like new. I enjoy driving it every time I'm in it. Now is showing some signs of problem. One door lock doesn't work and one electric window won't work. But, still for it's age and miles I consider it a good car. I would own another one. Chrysler did a good job with the 2.7 V6 engine and auto trans.

I love my stratus
By gibbyprls on 03/25/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my stratus in October of 2001 with only about 1000 mile on it and now it has 113,561. I love to drive it all the time. It had the original tires on it at 62,353 and my 1 2 3 speed on my air conditioner went out at 96,000 but the 4 speed still works. Even though it a old car i still love it.

Good Car until 85K
By redbird on 02/20/10 19:29 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 30K, and didn't have any major problems until 85K...then it seemed like every month something else went wrong. It started small with a short in the radio which led to several blown fuses. Then the fan motor speeds and rear defrost began to fail. 90K, cracked head gasket. 100K transmission began leaking. Replaced shift pack, started leaking again at 120K. I drove it hard, but it didn't hold up like I expected. Traded it in at 130K.

BOOOOOOO!!!
By Greg J. on 08/19/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car is a looker, that is the only upside. Reading other consumer reviews it seems I may have the only crappy dodge stratus. Ok, here we go. Transmission jerks for some mysterious reason, ALOT of electrical issues (interior lights, blinking head lights, faint turning signals, horn loves to go out, fluctuating gas hand, radio and clock resets when I turn the car off then back on), bumper sits too low therefore it oftens hits while going over dips and speed bumps even when speed is low. 3.0 engine sounds good but doesn't accelerate all that well, and parts are expensive. I plan to sell car or salvage parts and get a NON AMERICAN CAR. Sorry USA.