Used 2001 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

LOVE MY STRATUS
By stratusfan

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T brand new (first new car!) and absolutely LOVED it. Sadly, after 13 years, I had to retire the car. The car offered affordable luxuries (leather seats, sunroof, Infinity sound system), agile handling, and comfort. No major expenses, just the cost of routine maintenance.

Favorite Features

Handling, pick-up (always fast off the mark!), comfortable, smooth ride, excellent sound system, all wheel disc brakes, multi-CD changer, leather interior, exterior styling (liked the 2001 better than any other models).

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements ... Dodge should bring the Stratus R/T back!!!

dodge stratus se coupe 2001 the truth about it
By onlythetruth

2001 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

good things :when i am driving my car,it is as fast as new cars,never behind them,most time in front of. aceleration brilliant,you will be really surprised about it.really fun to drive.edmunds said the truth about it. brakes enough good,4 discs. engine sounds excelent,trunk huge for a coupe car .rear seats very comfortable,they look like sedan seats ,not like the caracteristics coupe little seats.sound sistem enough good.i reproduce music with my phone and sounds powerful.and the last good thing,the car looks really nice for 2001. and now the bad details,,the front bumper is too low,and sometimes hit the front line when i am parking, and the last one, turning ratio is not so good

great car!
By mc_stratus

2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my stratus about a month ago. I have had absolutely no problems with it. it rides like a dream and has plenty of power all though the rpm band. if you are looking at one i was skeptical if i would adjust to the smaller windshield and sportier feel, but i did very quickly. I read many of these before finally buying a car. For the money i don't think you will find a better car. my only complaint although small is that if you like to drive with mirrors the blindspots can be tricky, but easily remedied by physically looking or blindspot mirrors. If considering one, they are worth it.

Favorite Features

Seats are great good power

Suggested Improvements

the shifter linkage is a little stiff which i think is common

Get Checked out
By jimmy114

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Stratus has 122000 miles on it and timing belt is going out ($1000) and the body model control is going out ($1000) the car isnt worth much more then that... the inside is nice but all the handles are broken. If your going to buy the STRATUS get it checked out as for me i recommend you move on and find something else

Favorite Features

One thing it has is a nice style to it for the cheap price

Fair mechanically, bad cosmetically
By lykeh17

2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned mine since new. I read the other review of the black paint, and I have the same problem. The top coat of paint just flakes off over time and makes your car look like it has dry skin. I have givin up washing it. Very disappointing. And also the dash is cracked in 4 places along the defrost vent. I have replaced the exhaust manifold because of cracks also. The car performs well and kicks but when you mash on the pedal. It gets reasonable mileage for a 4 banger. Even at 141000 miles. If Dodge would have put their own drive train in this car it would have been like the Vega. Mitzu makes a good engine. Also, if your 6' 2" or more, this car is too small for you.

Favorite Features

Nice exterior design. Corners well. Nice sound system. Overall mechanically good.

Suggested Improvements

They could use better quality hardware. Black paint was obviously a flaw that year.