2000 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Many small problems

2000 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

Many small problems
By FuzzyDolly on

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car in 2000, I was upgrading from a 95 base Neon. At the time I thought I was making a smart decision, guess I was wrong. Although there have not been any major problems with the car, there have been many small ongoing problems. In 5 years, I've put 39k miles on it, and am on my 4th set of brakes and rotors. In the last year, my hood has rusted through, and the bushings AND bearings have gone. In 5 years, I've also had to replace the engine mounts TWICE. With the cruise set at 65, I get 20 MPG. In suburb driving, I get 16-17. Expected better mileage. Dealer said this is all normal wear. Funny, never had these problems with any other car. Wish it had Intrepid's reliability.

Bang for the buck. (A/C, cruise, power windows & locks, auto, all for $13k new.) Fairly comfortable ride. Good interior space. Two golf bag trunk.

Reliability, relibility, relibility. Our other car is a 1998 Intrepid with over 100k miles. It has NEVER been in the shop. Wish the Stratus was built the same. Gas mileage poor. 16 city, 20 highway with the 4cyl and auto. Has been this way since new.