2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Cheap but unreliable sedan
By raskolnikov_im on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The v6 picks up adequately but guzzles gas. Brake pads have to be changed with absurd frequency. The build quality is fairly poor; something which is evidenced by continual small/mid ticket repairs that need to be performed on a bi monthly basis. The cup holders are awful. The rear windows is perched far to high on the back end, which means rear visibility is limited. The back seat does fold down though, which provides lots of room when you need to move something.

Best Used Car I Ever Purchased!
By Making me repost. on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car almost 4 years now, and have only had one major repair to the fuel system. I agree with the squeeky brakes and minor road noise assessments, but it also gets great fuel economy for a 4 door sedan! the only minor problem I've seen is with the wiring harness to the lights on the air conditioning console (they intermitenly go out). Overall, I am VERY satisfied with the vehicle. I am now over 100,000 miles and still going strong!

Best buy for the money
By Eugene Hudd on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 1999, now has 45K miles, replaced brakes at 42K, needed new Oxygen sensor at 38K, still has original tires, they look to be good for at least another 15K. Needed new gas cap at 44K (gas cap failed emissions test), Sunroof needs a new motor, works but only in warm weather. Otherwise, no problems, very dependable, auto-stick is fun, cabin space is very good for a car this size. Power and economy is an excellent balance. I don't htink that I could get a better car for the money!

Reliable and Fun to drive
By Elaine3 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had the car over 2 years. It has been a very reliable car and has had no mechanical problems. Squeaky brake problems are usually a concern for Stratus cars but mine has had no problems. I have enjoyed driving it.

More Auto-Stick Please
By chris'r on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my ES with 25K miles, now has 71K miles. Won't blow hot air at all now, dealer say's $500 to tear out dash and get to heater box. Blows cold fine, at all settings, too bad it's January....am gonna trade it in for an Intrepid as I can't find a newer Stratus with Auto- Stick......where are they, I want a used one. I like my Stratus but don't want to put a $1000 into it(needs brakes now too as I put off getting pads replaced)

GOOD CAR
By markmu on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

this car has been a good car, have had some of the same problems reported in the other reviews. Both power window motors on rear have had to be replaced under warranty. Brake line, rotors have been troublesome, DODGE very UNCOOPERATIVE when trying to rectify the brake line problem.some tire problems and A/C heat regulator problem, but motor and transmission battery and alternator and the like have been very reliable. over 80000 miles and no major problems. GOOD CAR BAD CAR MAKER due to the them not being cooperative with the brake problem and trying to pass buck on to some after market work that has never been done

Love My Car
By ceseme on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

32mpg - The rear window defroster was fixed under warranty. Alternator brushes replaced recently; it is one of the best alternators made. Left rear automatic window opener not working anymore. Some road noise. Transmission seems to slip a little on acceleration, then catches. Trunk release mechanism quit working suddenly, about the same time as the left rear speaker. Maybe the wiring harness got pinched. Fan only works on high now; settings went out by increments. Cup holders are too small. The radio volume fades, so I keep turning it up. I turn it off and on and it comes on really loud. Very weird. But I really like this car and enjoy driving it.

best cheap sedan available
By nski on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Solid, well made, reliable and pretty fun to drive

Good Car!
By adam_gomez on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my stratus for close to three years. In those three years I have had to change the front brakes three times, but not the back as of yet. I had a trasmission leak at 57,000 mile but it was fully covered under warranty. The car has never not performed, snow, rain, or shine. I would say without a doubt that thus far it has been 100% rliable.

Excellent Car
By john quak on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The ratio of the quality over price is the best.