2000 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Bah huumbug
By Mehhh on 03/21/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

I've had to replace the transmission sensors about 3 times in 4 years, replaced brakes, and the alternator. The rear windows are no longer working. Just hit 60k. People have said it vibrates a little too much, and the mechanics say it's just the car.

Ok car with bad brakes
By Jake on 03/10/08 02:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

We drove this car for 5 years and put about 75,000 miles on the car. All in all it was a pretty good car. One issue to watch out for is the front brakes wear very fast. When we sold the car it had 102K on it and We had put 4 sets of brake pads and two new rotors. I checked the drums at about 90K and they were less than 1/2 worn. We never had any major issues with the car other than a shift solenoid going bad. The engine is pretty weak and the MPG is less than average.

Great Car
By Dave on 08/30/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Stratus used Jan 2001, since then I have put 250,000 miles on it. I have had very few problems and have put a total of 4000 into upkeep and repairs over the last 6 1/2 years. Even with all this mileage I still get 25 mpg highway. Yes it does need some more work but what vehicle wouldnt that has been a real work horse for 42,000 miles a year.

What a Versitile Vehicle
By Lisa Greene on 12/18/06 03:53 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I have the larger edition of this vehicle. I can say as a single Mom with family over 2800 miles one way to visit each summer, this car is a champ! Less than $150 in gas from OK to FL in the midst of summer w/ a family of 5. Hail to Dodge. Please, make more like this!

Suprising Good Car
By tarfman on 09/06/06 20:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

Very cheap to buy. I bought for $4000 under NADA retail 4 years ago. The 2.5 V6 is far better then the 4 cyl. No major problems and very reliable. I have made no repairs to engine or transmission in 60k miles. Although the side cover on the tranny has leaked the entire time and required about a quart every year. I have replaced the outer tie-rod ends twice. I enjoy driving the car and the fuel economy is OK. The leather seats are falling apart. I apply conditioner regularly but they are cracked and tearing. Overall I am very happy. I bought it cheap and it has been very reliable. I did not expect to be so happy with a Dodge.

Dodge OK if under warranty
By dennis lang on 07/29/06 16:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

Stratus works well untill the factory warranty expires. Tranny went out at 45K, fuel pump failure at 50K, electric mirror switch at 60K, heater fan blower resistor went out 4 times in the last 3 years. Save money and headaches and purchase a Honda. Chrysler should spend more money to develope a transmission that lasts longer than 45K and less on TV ads.

Very Nice and Fun to Drive
By James on 01/08/06 16:29 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

The driving experince in this Stratus was fun. I know when I get in this car I would really enjoying crusing in this car. It is such a pleasure passing by car doing 70 without an effort. The performance overall has really satisfied me. I am in college right now and I am young in need for speed. I have put some money in this car and it never cease to amaze me.

Not a bad little sedan
By Paul on 11/26/05 23:15 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 ES V6 in 2000 while I was shopping for used Audi A-4's. This is 3/4 the car for about 1/2 the price. Only complaints are that the Left side speaker quite working at about 60k and the Premium sound just isn't the same with one side only. Plenty of get up and go with that V-6 and the interior has held together well. No major problems, but it does go through brakes and tires a little faster than you would expect - of course, one tends to take the turns & twisties pretty fast in this thing.

Many small problems
By FuzzyDolly on 08/28/05 09:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car in 2000, I was upgrading from a 95 base Neon. At the time I thought I was making a smart decision, guess I was wrong. Although there have not been any major problems with the car, there have been many small ongoing problems. In 5 years, I've put 39k miles on it, and am on my 4th set of brakes and rotors. In the last year, my hood has rusted through, and the bushings AND bearings have gone. In 5 years, I've also had to replace the engine mounts TWICE. With the cruise set at 65, I get 20 MPG. In suburb driving, I get 16-17. Expected better mileage. Dealer said this is all normal wear. Funny, never had these problems with any other car. Wish it had Intrepid's reliability.

Best car ever owned!
By chris on 04/02/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

This car is good looking, reliable and tough...and I've owned many cars. I expect alot from my vehicles and I drive them hard. My Stratus SE has never given me any problems and its currently at 85,000 miles!! I recently had the original brake pads replaced and new tires all around (third set of tires since new), those are the only things that needed to be replaced. Very easy on the wallet car. I highly recommend this vehicle! Happy motoring.