Used 2000 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Dodge stratus is the best car ever made
By magics stratus

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I got my Stratus in 04 with 87000 miles. Now it's 08 and it has 175000 miles. My Stratus has been hit by two semi trucks years apart. My insurance company fixed the body work both times, car still runs great. I have not spent more than 300 dollars getting my car fixed since I had it.

Favorite Features

Was my leather seats and tinted windows and my 15 inch subs

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat and just keep the car up with the new cars design

110,000 and still going - Satisfied
By Suzie

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased: Jan 2007 SE Model I have not had any major problems with this car. I have driven it to FL, PA, SC and throughout MD. I now drive it 130 per day and still have not had any problems. Replaced the brakes pads twice. Currently at 110,000 miles and still running great. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, good mpg. Keep very good maintenance - regular oil changes, flush, transmission, and check ups, etc. This was worth every penny. I had a Chrysler Sebring before this and I had many problems - rotors, rotors, seat motor, etc. I had a Plymouth prior to that and didn't have any problems. Currently, I also own a Toyota 4-Runner which is also worthy to mention but it doesn't run like my Stratus.

Favorite Features

Overall exterior - body style is sporty yet classy. Mpg, sunroof, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality parts that last longer.

One of the best cars I've owned! Really!
By Detroit Driver

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my stratus for close to eight years with very few maintenance issues. Overall, this is a solid well built sporty sedan that is a pleasure to drive. I am VERY satisfied with the vehicle. I am now over 170,000 miles and still going strong!

Favorite Features

Gas, really good. Good looking for a cheap car. Auto-stick, 2.5 V6, fold down rear seat

Suggested Improvements

Battery in front of the wheel, hard to take out. Some road noise

Still Going At 122,000
By Scourge

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased new 09/1999 and have reviewed it once before on this site. Has been a good car. Other than the fact that the front disc brakes warp over time, I have no complaints on this car. I've spent ~$2400 over the last 1.5 years to completely revamp the A/C from the core to the compressor, but that's the first money I've had to spend. I had a very difficult to diagnose EGR valve problem. The engine would "hiccup". I finally figured out that the EGR valve was sticking open. I disconnected it and everything works fine. You have to reconnect it to pass emissions tests in LA, but that's only once/yr to get a new inspection sticker.

Favorite Features

Hidden wallet holder under the dash. My car pool appreciates the rear leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Resale value is poor. Rides too low. Cup holders are terrible!

Good car for the money
By alexander_clinger

2000 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have had this car for about three and a half years now, and we've really had no major problems with it. It gets good gas mileage for a V6 and gets you where you want to go in a hurry. The only problem that we've had has been the air conditioning, but hey, the windows roll down with no trouble at all. Also the driver's side door courtesy light switch stopped working, but that's also a cheap fix (about 7 dollars for parts). My wife's been in a couple accidents in it, and after being fixed it is still just as reliable as when we first got it. It's a great car, but I'm ready for something a little bigger, because the family is growing.

Favorite Features

6 disc changer, trunk space, engine power, fog lights

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a bit more comfortable, but really no complaints.