Used 2000 Dodge Stratus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

110,000 and still going - Satisfied
By Suzie

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased: Jan 2007 SE Model I have not had any major problems with this car. I have driven it to FL, PA, SC and throughout MD. I now drive it 130 per day and still have not had any problems. Replaced the brakes pads twice. Currently at 110,000 miles and still running great. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, good mpg. Keep very good maintenance - regular oil changes, flush, transmission, and check ups, etc. This was worth every penny. I had a Chrysler Sebring before this and I had many problems - rotors, rotors, seat motor, etc. I had a Plymouth prior to that and didn't have any problems. Currently, I also own a Toyota 4-Runner which is also worthy to mention but it doesn't run like my Stratus.

Favorite Features

Overall exterior - body style is sporty yet classy. Mpg, sunroof, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality parts that last longer.

Still Going At 122,000
By Scourge

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Purchased new 09/1999 and have reviewed it once before on this site. Has been a good car. Other than the fact that the front disc brakes warp over time, I have no complaints on this car. I've spent ~$2400 over the last 1.5 years to completely revamp the A/C from the core to the compressor, but that's the first money I've had to spend. I had a very difficult to diagnose EGR valve problem. The engine would "hiccup". I finally figured out that the EGR valve was sticking open. I disconnected it and everything works fine. You have to reconnect it to pass emissions tests in LA, but that's only once/yr to get a new inspection sticker.

Favorite Features

Hidden wallet holder under the dash. My car pool appreciates the rear leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Resale value is poor. Rides too low. Cup holders are terrible!

Bah huumbug
By Mehhh

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had to replace the transmission sensors about 3 times in 4 years, replaced brakes, and the alternator. The rear windows are no longer working. Just hit 60k. People have said it vibrates a little too much, and the mechanics say it's just the car.

Favorite Features

The cup holders

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability.

Ok car with bad brakes
By Jake

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We drove this car for 5 years and put about 75,000 miles on the car. All in all it was a pretty good car. One issue to watch out for is the front brakes wear very fast. When we sold the car it had 102K on it and We had put 4 sets of brake pads and two new rotors. I checked the drums at about 90K and they were less than 1/2 worn. We never had any major issues with the car other than a shift solenoid going bad. The engine is pretty weak and the MPG is less than average.

Favorite Features

Cabin area was comfortable and I'm 6'4.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes stink, weak motor, better MPG would be great.

Dodge OK if under warranty
By dennis lang

2000 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Stratus works well untill the factory warranty expires. Tranny went out at 45K, fuel pump failure at 50K, electric mirror switch at 60K, heater fan blower resistor went out 4 times in the last 3 years. Save money and headaches and purchase a Honda. Chrysler should spend more money to develope a transmission that lasts longer than 45K and less on TV ads.