1999 Dodge Stratus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - One of the best cars

1999 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

One of the best cars ive ever owned
By smleno1mkiii on

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

This car has been in my family since 2000, it only had 17,000 miles on it when my parent's bought it and has had no major problems the whole time we have owned it, The car has since been passed down to me it now has 191,000 miles on it! the only things to go wrong with it are as follows, driver side window motor at 30,000 mi covered by warranty,alternator at 70,000 mi 300$, timing belt at 152,000 but that was my moms fault as she didn't know a car had one of those, shortly after was when I acquired the car and the only problems it has given me is the starter at 181,000 and the rear transmission speed sensor the starter was about $120 the sensor was only$17.50 great car I would say.

Favorite Features

Comfortable car even with the high miles the seats still haven't had a hole worn in them ,its a peppy car, good gas mileage I average 25to 26 mpg mixed driving worst it ever got was 22 mpg have got as high as 29 or 30 before on trips on the highway always got me from point a to point b engine is great mine is the 2.4 DOHC and even after 191,000miles it still doesn't smoke and runs like the day we got it.

Suggested Improvements

None great car.