205,000 Near Perfect and going still....
By 2004_mustang on
1999 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan
I got this car in Sept 2005 with 93k miles on it. 3rd owner. It has alomst 205,000k miles on it in Nov 2011. I have almost all the original parts still working fine on this. It has always started up, doesn't make noises, shakes or leaks. At 140k I changed the shocks, struts, fuel cleaning and all the fluids and filters. I do regular maintaince on this so that is why it has done so well. I did have to replace the AC unit, EGR valve, tie rod, fuel pump, water pump and that was about it other than regular tires, brakes and stuff like that. This is a basic, simple car that when maintained. Runs as good as the day it was created, most people dont maintain there cars. All pluses here.
Favorite Features
Easy to take apart on the inside to replace speakers, add additional inside parts, engine is easy to replace things, spare tire in trunk easy as well. It has a huge trunk especially when the back seats fold down. The parts are easy to find at a salvage yard and cheap rather it is new or used.
Suggested Improvements
The only Issue with this car is the power. The 4 cyliner does move once up to speed. I have the 2.4 instead of the 2.0 but getting on a busier Interstate is hard, once your up to speed it is fine. The V6 is slighly faster though. I didn't see many 4 door sedans with a sunroof. I don't think that was an option with the 4 doors, I see it in many of the 2 doors. Would be nice to have that. I guess if you added too many improvements then the car would be too high of a cost. It is really a simple easy car to work with. I do plan on retireing it for a slightly faster V6 or tubo V4 but it is hard considering how well it has been and how long I have had it. I only paid $3000 for it.