1999 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: My Stratus experience

1999 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Stratus experience
By DG64 on

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle in 1999, it has been a very car. We have taken it on several long distance trips. It is very comfortable for long distances and we averaged 360 miles per tank on our trips. My only complaints are that 2 days after purchase, it had to be returned to the dealer for replacement of the computer control panel that controls all dashboard features, and they had it for 58 days. The other problem was that we had to replace the fuel pump last spring. When we removed the old one, we found that the wires going into it were scorched- I researched this and found that it is a fairly common problem although no recalls have been issued for it.

I like the style of the body and the dashboard features. It drives very smoothly and quietly.

Better placed cupholders and more of them. Improved seat fabric the standard cloth seats really attract and hold lint. They are almost impossible to completely clean of lint, especially if you choose a darker color like ours- slate grey.