Used 1999 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

1999 Dodge Stratus

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Good ride.
By Frank

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I think this is a good vehicle it might just be me but it has already left me stranded onces It was the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor. 260 bucks to get that fixed less than a month after buying it at a local fire rescue auction for 2400 and a few days after getting that fixed my master cylinder for the brakes went out plus i had to change my back brakes because they were completely spent. so in less than a month of driving I've spend an extra 600 bucks on the car. Now it seems to be running excellent and i hope it does not give me any problems cuz im broke now. but its a very nice car to drive if it does not give me anymore problems I wont be sorry i bought it.

I like the white meters and factory speakers thump. definitely a good sounding car. it has plenty of room for your legs even backseaters will be alright.

It's not very sound proof on the highway. it needs more headroom i sometimes bump my head on the roof. BETTER MPG I get 280 miles per tank that is not good at all that's 17.5 miles per gallon maybe its the way i drive. or the a/c.

Lemon Car In My Opinion
By CaptDoc

1999 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car Oct., 2009. It only had 82,000 miles on it then. It now has approx. 85,000. In the past 4 months I have put an additional $1,400 plus into this car replacing the following: starter, Oxygen Sensor (2), Distributor that had already been replaced a year ago by previous owner, fuel pump and fuel filter, some type of fan sensor as the the heat/air would only run in high (replaced twice in past year), and the catalytic converter. The car now makes a humming noise nobody can figure out and continues to sputter and die off and on which no body in the area can seem to figure out. I would not recommend this car to anyone or take it on long trips.

interior

Engine, transmission, electrical, and fuel system definitely needs to be redesigned and needs to be a lot more reliable.

Runs Like a Champ
By Andrew

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

This was an amazing first car. it has 140,000 miles on it and still runs great. Its about to get towed off though due to hitting a deer at 65mph, but it was still able to get me safely back home. GREAT GAS MILEAGE if you take this on the highway going 65-75 u can get 400+ miles to a full tank of gass. Other than keeping up the maintance,this car has always gotten me from point A to B. Never left me stranded or finding another way to school, work, a date, or any other venue. Almoast feels like a tank in the snow. Getting plowed in i thought it would never make it out put a slight touch on the gas and i was on my was just like that. Though im getting a newer vehcile i hate to part with it

Im not sure if its a feature but well reliablity. Powered locks,windows, and sunroof. Great gas mileage. All around a very pretty solid and dependable car.

More power would be nice but more power is always nice

100,000 Going strong
By Tom

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. It has 100,000 miles now. Used Mobil 1 since new. Never touched the motor. Blew the tranny differential burning out on ice (on accident). Differentials don't like one tire on ice, the other on the road. Paint is still shiny. Runs like new. The 2.4L has plenty of pep and gets 30mpg highway.

Peppy, practical car for money.

It was a good decision
By Greg

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Stratus since March of 2000, and I haven't regretted the purchase even once. The most serious problem has been a recent failure of the Leak Detection Pump which caused the Check Engine light to come on - but after nearly 9 years of ownership its about time something broke! The car has been comfortable, fun, and easy to drive. In my opinion, the sharp styling holds up even today. In my mind, the only negative is that I feel it seems slightly underpowered - but my last car was an 86 Pontiac 6000 STE which was a luxury rocket. My Stratus has been a great car.

Easy to drive, love the dash at night, my black Stratus looks great when detailed!!

A teeny bit more engine power would've been nice. Power seats to go with the power mirrors would've been nice.