1999 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: 1999 Dodge Stratus-150HP DOHC

1999 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Review

1999 Dodge Stratus-150HP DOHC
By Mike- IL on

1999 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

Overall not a bad car. Let's face it, the car is not a Mercedes but nice nonetheless. Power is adequate, cabin noise is average creature comforts are a little sparse but one can get by. I have 96,000 miles on mine and plan to get something else only because I am ready for a change..can't kill this thing..( I have not tried, and I have maintained it very well) Besides routine maintenance I have had only 1 problem and that was my drivers side window motor needed to be replaced at about 60K. I replaced my timing belt by choice at 90K and the waterpump as well.. I saw the belt the mechanic pulled..did not look too bad..could have let that go but wanted to make it through the cold Chicago winter.

Fun to drive, cab forward design, lots of room, inside, orange gauges at night, peppy but not fast with DOHC engine

More cup holders, storage etc.. replaced driver door weatherstripping twice..door rubs on it and it falls off. Trunk lid is thin. Less cabin noise.