Used 1998 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love It!!
By Carla

1998 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I have 168,000 miles and I'm still getting 28 mpg. First 80,000 miles were city commute but last 88,000 have been all highway. I commute 140 miles to work (M-F). I have kept up on my preventative maintenance (not religiously) which has helped. I love the way it handles in any weather. I am concerned about the miles and how much longer my car will last.

Cup holder needs to be a little bigger and deeper for water bottles.

Poorly designed
By joseph

1998 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

This vehicle looks nice and is fun to drive. The problem with the vehicle is that Dodge designed it to fall apart and then be so difficult to fix that you would be required to bring it to a dealership so they can make more money. For example; the battery is not accessible from engine compartment, must remove tire to access it, drain plug for radiator inside of bumper, brake caliper made out of plastic so it fails every 2-3 brake changes. everything requires special tools to repair it. not an easy car to fix despite many problems with it, gaskets failing, etc. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Comfortable ride

Design it with the consumer in mind instead of thinking about making money on the repairs.

Satisfied so far
By sabrina

1998 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I bought my 98 Dodge Stratus 3 years ago and have had slim to no problems with it. I have had to have the fan belt tightened, and at around 90k miles I had to have new spark plugs and wires, thats it. It is good on gas and is a smooth ride. I will probabaly get another Dodge.

DOHC and roomy back seat

Not much head room for tall people in the front

Great car
By Dean

1998 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I now have 90k miles on my Stratus and have had only one problem so far, and that's the head gasket leaking oil, which seems to be the norm for this car. It's fun to drive and looks good. I love this car, and am thinking about getting a new one.

It has good pickup and is fun to drive.

Stop the head gasket leaking oil.

1998 Dodge Stratus
By godomino

1998 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used with about 10,000 miles to start. Since my purchase in 1998 I have not had any problems with this car. I have just done routine maintenace on it. Have not had any components fail. Very good car!

None