1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
I HATE THIS CAR!!!!!!
By cj95 on 09/20/13 03:43 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

my stepbrother has owned a 98 for about a year and is constantly bringing it to me asking me to fix this and that, the things rides like a hotwheels on concrete, you can feel every bump in the road, and when you hit the throttle first of all, it feels like your going no where and second the pathetic, noisy 4 cyl can wake the dead! I hate dodge! Ford all the way!

Wow what a great little hoopty!
By dsilvestri on 06/21/12 01:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this car because it was a cheap manual transmission car with nice cold working AC and with gas prices at around 3.50 a gallon and the car being only $800 bucks i bought it even if i got a few months out of it i wouldnt lose, but honestly being skeptical of it at first because it was a 14yr old DODGE and i figured i would drive it until i could afford to get into a car payment again on a brand new car honestly now im so in love with this old car that i figured why would i even need a car pymnt when this car is paid 4, super dependable, and the gas mileage i get out of it is ridiculous its over 30mpg easy ha even the stock radio is sounds good, 127k and im the 2nd owner, mine was a deal!

Suprising Car
By JH on 11/28/09 17:39 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 1998 Dodge Stratus that I received over two years ago from my grandfather when I was 15. It had 110K miles on it and now has about 140K miles. Annual maintenance was not done on the car so we had to buy new brakes, tires, and the points and plugs were are now all new. Now the mechanic wants over $400 for a new oil pan. The transmission runs like new and its a fun car to drive so we decided to keep it until it completely falls apart without putting any more money into it. Overall, the Stratus was a nice easy car to learn how to drive in, but there are more reliable options out there. If price is an issue, the Stratus is always a good option.

1998 dodge stratus
By Bonnie on 07/23/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought this vehicle n love it bought it w/ some minor problems it's leakin oil n has ben no easy task in discoverin where it's leakin, we'r tinkin it's the sensor off the side of the motor since it's all wet there n all the way down the motor! Also keeps eating batteries? it's standard which is half the reason I bought it it is so fun 2 drive handles well n plenty of room in the back 4 my 2 children their car seats n toys! Hopefully after I get the minor repairs done it will last I'm a lil worried since it has high mileage but it runs sound despite leakin a qrt of oil once a wk. Hopefully nothin Major needs replacin!

BEST PURCHASE I COULD HAVE MADE!
By Emily on 05/11/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car right before my 18th B-Day and couldn't have chose anything better. It had 151,000 miles and now has over 200,000 miles on it and still running. Paid $1500 for it and need some minor repair. But with $4,000 (got all the work done at a dealership) into it I still have no regrets!

mycarreview
By jboregon on 04/24/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

The dodge stratus has been a car that I have always admired. When it first came out I said that is a car I wouldn't mind having. When it was time to get a new (new to me) car, I was able to find the stratus I have now. I have had very few problems with my car & hope to have it for many more years.

Will never buy a Dodge Again
By tarheel on 03/18/08 06:47 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000, it's a 1998 the oil light stayed on when I turned key on but dealer finds nothing wrong, after about 50,000 the head gasket blows, before that the fuel pump went bad,now the engine shakes needs motor mounts on the front, brakes wear down fast i'm disappointed in dodge/chrysler cars i will not purchase or suggest anyone buy one, dodge won't change until someone gets seriously hurt driving one of there products, i thought about getting a chrysler town and country but after reading reviews and all the complaints no way, i might go to hyundai for a nice ride now.

The Best Car
By J-money on 11/27/06 07:29 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I brought the 1998 Dodge Stratus form a friend and there was never any problem with the car ever. It has 100,000 miles and no leaks and no engine problems.

Love this car
By Mia on 11/07/05 19:18 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago with 20K miles on it. 3 cross country trips later with over 130k miles and its still in great condition with only routine checkups and TLC needed. I bought another car 2 years ago but we still use this one. I will miss it when we eventually sell it.

Always a mechanical problem
By dodgeowner on 10/18/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

We've had this car for 5 years and there has always been some mechanical problem that just won't go away or is easy to fix: faulty fuel pump (was replaced under warranty and still faulty); CV joint broken; blown head gasket in 2004;not as quiet to road noise as before; some interior light features broken; power lock doors from key entry never worked; speaker system wires faulty; radio control panel difficult size to replace with new system; for home repairs, the parts are all not easily accessible at all.