1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
I HATE THIS CAR!!!!!!
By cj95 on 09/20/13 03:43 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

my stepbrother has owned a 98 for about a year and is constantly bringing it to me asking me to fix this and that, the things rides like a hotwheels on concrete, you can feel every bump in the road, and when you hit the throttle first of all, it feels like your going no where and second the pathetic, noisy 4 cyl can wake the dead! I hate dodge! Ford all the way!

Great First Car
By michaela96 on 07/03/13 07:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this 15 year old car for $1500. It had 180K on it but still runs smoothly. It handles great and should last anyone a long time so long as they keep up the maintenance and do repairs as needed. Before when I thought of the brand "Dodge", the first thing that came to mind was gas guzzling trucks. To my surprise this car gets pretty good gas mileage. I've had it over a month now and I love it. My goal is to get it to last me through this winter with out having any major problems.

Many Miles and Many Repairs
By clintonanthony on 03/09/13 11:52 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in 2006 with 80k on it. Needed to immediately replace water pump and deal with leaking oil pan. It is now 2013, so it's been a fairly okay car for me to get it over 150,000 miles. I need to 'junk' the car now, because it's no good. I live in PA and the bottom of the car is completely rusted out, rocker panels are covered up with rivits and tin. I've tried to frequently wash the car to avoid this, but it was inevitable. My frame is 'soft' and won't pass another inspection. I would have liked to of got more than 150k out of the car, but it's not going to happen.

Wow what a great little hoopty!
By dsilvestri on 06/21/12 01:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this car because it was a cheap manual transmission car with nice cold working AC and with gas prices at around 3.50 a gallon and the car being only $800 bucks i bought it even if i got a few months out of it i wouldnt lose, but honestly being skeptical of it at first because it was a 14yr old DODGE and i figured i would drive it until i could afford to get into a car payment again on a brand new car honestly now im so in love with this old car that i figured why would i even need a car pymnt when this car is paid 4, super dependable, and the gas mileage i get out of it is ridiculous its over 30mpg easy ha even the stock radio is sounds good, 127k and im the 2nd owner, mine was a deal!

I love this car
By mikoollowrentow on 05/18/10 03:33 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Got this car used w/100,000 miles on her and she still runs great! Sporty car handles great and very fun to drive. I get great mileage 23/30. Very fast car!

1998 es 4 door sedan
By RR50 on 04/16/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I see a lot of negative reviews for this car , so I might have just got lucky. Without any doubt this was the best car I have ever owned and would not hesitate to buy another one . I quit buying Chrysler a long time ago.( I am 50 yrs old) But couldn't pass this one up. Paid $1000 with 135,000 miles on it. It now has 280,000 miles and engine and tranny are still strong.Never one problem. Only changed normal wear parts.(brakes,belts,etc.)

Suprising Car
By JH on 11/28/09 17:39 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 1998 Dodge Stratus that I received over two years ago from my grandfather when I was 15. It had 110K miles on it and now has about 140K miles. Annual maintenance was not done on the car so we had to buy new brakes, tires, and the points and plugs were are now all new. Now the mechanic wants over $400 for a new oil pan. The transmission runs like new and its a fun car to drive so we decided to keep it until it completely falls apart without putting any more money into it. Overall, the Stratus was a nice easy car to learn how to drive in, but there are more reliable options out there. If price is an issue, the Stratus is always a good option.

1998 dodge stratus
By Bonnie on 07/23/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought this vehicle n love it bought it w/ some minor problems it's leakin oil n has ben no easy task in discoverin where it's leakin, we'r tinkin it's the sensor off the side of the motor since it's all wet there n all the way down the motor! Also keeps eating batteries? it's standard which is half the reason I bought it it is so fun 2 drive handles well n plenty of room in the back 4 my 2 children their car seats n toys! Hopefully after I get the minor repairs done it will last I'm a lil worried since it has high mileage but it runs sound despite leakin a qrt of oil once a wk. Hopefully nothin Major needs replacin!

BEST PURCHASE I COULD HAVE MADE!
By Emily on 05/11/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car right before my 18th B-Day and couldn't have chose anything better. It had 151,000 miles and now has over 200,000 miles on it and still running. Paid $1500 for it and need some minor repair. But with $4,000 (got all the work done at a dealership) into it I still have no regrets!

mycarreview
By jboregon on 04/24/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Stratus Sedan 4dr Sedan

The dodge stratus has been a car that I have always admired. When it first came out I said that is a car I wouldn't mind having. When it was time to get a new (new to me) car, I was able to find the stratus I have now. I have had very few problems with my car & hope to have it for many more years.