1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
good car for the money
By jeremy on 06/17/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

got the car with 90,0000 but a timeing belt in at 120,0000 and but a water pump at 245,000 and the car now has 260,000 and is still running strong with the origanal moter and tranny car is fun to drive and good on gas

Nice
By Jason on 10/10/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it, and its still going strong. I have had numerous compliments on my car. And 9 times out of 10, its because of how fast it is. This is the most reliable car I have ever owned, and its never been to the shop for anything besides tune ups, and oil changes, and brakes. Drives well in snow. Vehicle also looks very sporty, and drives like a sports car.

Gas mileage champ
By CEB on 04/18/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 150K on it. Had to do some minor repairs to it. I have the 2.5v-6 in it. I can't believe the mileage I"m getting 31-32MPG for the power & acceleration it has. Only major repair was a $300 fuel pump. Has been real reliable. Comfortable & sporty looking. Will get another one when this one dies. Has a 190K now and still going strong!

Favorite Car
By MBV on 01/12/05 11:19 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have never ben more satisfied with any other car. Never had to take the car to the shop for any reason other then a tune up or to fix something I did to it. Has 132k miles on it and hopefully will last another 100K. Ideal car for small people though. Could use more leg/head room for driver. Very comfortable on long trips too.

great car
By xasan on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I believe dodge stratus is one of the most valualbe american cars. its nice and comfortable car, i love it

My airport car
By canad on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had mine for about a year. It needed brakes when I bought it, and the A/C was not working after the second week (a dealership issue not a car issue.) Its peppy, handles well in all conditions including rain and snow (autostick.)

AVOID DODGE AT ALL COSTS
By ddave on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Have owned two Stratus, a 96 and a 97. Both have been complete lemons. The 97 which unfortunately I still own and have owned since new has been a nightmare. The problems are extensive. With only 50,000 miles on the car I have had 3 master cylinders, new head gasket, blown motor, new motor installed. New motor blew valve cover gasket and cam shaft seal. Brakes go to floor. Electrical problems, ecm replaced, bcm needs replaced, O2 sensor failed prematurely. I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN BY FROM CHRYSLER.

bob
By bob998877 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

good car, no major problems, had some work done, but reliable and am impressed with the american car

Stratus ES
By pitt1991 on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The vehicle has been great. No major problems. Needs more head room and better location for cup holders.

big mistake
By matt on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Stratus Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

the more people i come across the more i see the same problems with this car head gasket front end parts and the head i have spent over 3500 just to keep it running the first year and a half i had it and i did find out other people had the same problem