Used 1996 Dodge Stratus Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

This car saved my life numerous times!
By CheekyWeeSarah

1996 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

Hi there! I bought this car after my crappy old van died and left me and my BABY stranded in the creepy part of town. I was nervous about getting another used car for fear that this would happen to us again, but low and behold---this Dodge Stratus turned out to be my DREAM CAR! Not only does this car completely suit me both as a college student, graphic designer, and single mom, but it's SO FAST and yet SAFE at the same time. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to slam those reliable brakes to avoid some jerk on the road or how often I've just barely started to proceed from a red light to a green when my Stratus GUNS forward like it's got an EIGHT cylinder under the hood! LOVE!

Design both inside and out! Excellent brake system! Awesome PULL on the road. Very comfortable for everyone. Stylish. Cheap! GREAT gas mileage (thank god).

I honestly can think of NOTHING that I would improve on this car. Even the 1996 sound system that came stock had MASSIVE bass! :D

best car ever
By first time dodge car

1996 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for over 13 years, and I hate parting with it. It has been very reliable, but, since I am getting older, and my knee joints ache, I will have to part with it for a vehicle that has higher seats, such as an SUV. However, if they were still making them, I would buy another one in a second.

Remote keyless entry that turns on interior lights from a distance. Comfort of interior - lots of leg and elbow room. Cheerful, Colorful seats. The seat material is neither all light or all dark.(Not like new cars now) It hid accidental spills and dirt.They still look brand new after all this time

The tie rods had to be replaced once.The engine runs a lot louder than many other cars I've owned.

Love my car
By tylerpalti

1996 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for nearly six years now. The car has remained very responsive over the years, and reliable. I have been able to to most work on it myself although it has been extremely tight under the hood at times. I love my car, and I would and have recommended it to anyone who will listen.

I only wish I had gotten it in a manual tranny. I love power that the 2.4 actually has, drives like a 6 cylindar, but i know that the manual would greatly increase performance.

i think that it would have benefited from a slightly larger engine compartment. The car is PERFECT for me.

96 stratus good car
By jennig

1996 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

This car so far for me has bee pretty good. I bought it with 107000 miles and it now has 113000. I have had no major problems with it execpt normal age/miles related problems (tires, brakes).

I like the interior it is nice and roomy.

It kind of works, but keeps breaking dow
By FIrstnicecar

1996 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

Bought it in 98' with 24,000 miles. It's been fairly reliable, except we've had to replace the Steering Rack 3 times, yes 3 times. And everytime we do that, you need a new Steering Pump, as well as Ti-rods. Car has now about 120,000 miles and we just put the 3rd Steering rack in February, and it's started making a funny noise that may be the struts or the steering. Just waiting for something major to happen, and this car is done for.

Nice looking car, engine is fast. (2.4L)

Reliable. Also, engine is noisy, car is noisy on the highway and it's not the smoothest of rides, very bumpy.