1995 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Good little car
By walanr on 08/17/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

This car has proven to be a nice and dependable car for using on occasion for the last 15 years. Sure, there may not be many miles on it, but the body and mechanical have held up well. It's remarkable how small this car is compared to its successor cars today. Chrysler needs to make small cars like this again.

Nice car
By Josh on 08/28/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I drive a '95 Stratus with the 168hp 2.5L 24valve V6 under the hood. The car currently has 162k miles on it! Purrs nicely still. Transmission slips a little(what do u expect after 162k) Only things I have replaced(semi major) Wheel bearings, ball joints, all the way around as do many others.. water pump bearings are starting to go, a little valve lash on hot days..so what! It sure beats a monthly car payment to take care of the issues on your car.

overall, a good car
By 1995statusES on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

bought car with 89 grand on the odo it is a perfect car to hang out with 4 or 5 friends in. it has almost 120K now. very comfortable, heater works fast a/c is promising. i was 16 when i bought it so i punished the 2.5 bad. 1st gear is surprisingly quick for a heavy sedan, but it's not that sporty otherwise. people need to realize that cars don't last forever especially if u treat them bad.my h20 pump was replaced at 105K, which is understandable. rotors up front replaced too. just got new torque converter and 1st gear replaced(i wonder why, maybe it was the frequent redlined rpms) overall i've enjoyed my strat, but i've punished it so it's punishing me.

Good, economical car
By Shewinked on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 50K miles on it. I've had to replace the oxygen sensor 3 times (engine light stays on), and the electical system goes out where the radio, heat/ac and lights don't work. If I stop and turn the car off and then back on, it's restored. Otherwise, it's been a great car. It was cheap and great in-between car. It looks great, people always think it's newer than it actually is.

its good
By t-dawg on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

When i bought the car it had a blown head gasket, but the dealor replaced it with a new redesigned head gaske to fix the old faulty ones, not a problem since,if you'r head gasket ever goes out make sure you get the new redesigned ones!

ups and downs
By jojm on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

very good first few years. main problem is dodge...they simply are unwilling or unable to fix problems.

Don't waste your money!
By Lizzard on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

We bought the car used in Feb. '01 (94K mi). By July we needed to replace the water pump. Around the same time it started leaking a lot of oil and then suddenly stopped. Don't know why. My husband hates the placement of things under the hood. VERY awkward! A few months ago, something around the rear left tire started rattling (it sounds like the car is going to fall apart or something is going to fall off). The air conditioning doesn't work if it's hot outside. The light on the clock works and then it won't. One of the air vents is broken. It's getting to be a lot of little things that adds up to a lot of pain and money. I can't wait to get rid of it!

Aging
By DTrain on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

The first years of my ownership were great. No problems were encountered, that came out of pocket, except the Catalytic convertor. Gas mileage was terrific, friends love the roomy backseat. My car has 130k miles,the last 20k miles have been terrible. Brakes are eaten like candy (especially front ones) and Dodge wouldn't fix them although there was a recall. Head gasket replaced and the oil has leaked for the past 60k miles. To many other problems to mention. I would not buy another Chrysler or Dodge, unless it was a truck. Where is the battery placed, terrible ideal..

Good till 75k!
By Jay-Dub on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 50k. It was purchased to make a daily trip of about 125 miles for one year until college grad. That year went well. The car was smooth and fit us well. I'm 6'3" and this was the only small car that I fit comfortably in. There is something bad wrong with the electrical system. For a while the radio wouldn't work one day, then another day work fine, now it doesn't ever work. The check engine light has been on over a year, dealer can't find anything. Brake wear is horrible, at least once a year replacment. Rear end squeaks. The rpm gauge has quit working. Transmission started slipping at 85k. Can't wait to sell!

Great Car - No Problems
By Joeg on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Stratus 4dr Sedan

We have put over 127,000 miles on this dependable car in over 8 years of fun driving. It is the base model so there are not many features on it, but it is still fun to drive. We have not put any money into it except for the usual (brakes, tires). It is been used by our teenagers for the last two years and even with them driving it, it has held up well. Just yesterday someone who was driving a 2002 Stratus asked us if our 1995 Stratus was a 1999 model. It is still lokking good. I just hope it makes it through my teenage kids.