Used 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

R/T Turbo 3.0L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Fast and fun
By yamaha1269

1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I own five of these cars; from the base model to the twin turbo from each year so I feel I'm well qualified to make an accurate judgment of this car; to start this car is highly underrated and I wish they would get more recognition for the Design and engineering. Car is fairly comfortable driving long distance. My six speed turbo was great on gas for a sports car and went 450 miles if not more on a full 17 gallon tank. Oh man does this car sound good with an after market sound system with little or no effort although the head units angle does create a problem with a flip up screen if installed so using and double din unit is better.

Favorite Features

The dash layout is very user friendly and bright at night; many gages and warning lights to look at. the all wheel drive is the best and cant be beat even when driving in the winter with 255/45/18" tires only Subaru comes close if not better and it's loaded with ever feature of a new car.

Suggested Improvements

More head room, more adjustment of steering column for bigger people, bigger turbos but not bad, more after market part support though this is not an improvement, power window switch needs to be moved away from drivers left leg. all models should have come with adjustable seat high.

My favorite car
By DW

1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned over 15 different cars - BMW, Ford, Mazda, Mercury, Volvo, etc. But this one is by far my favorite.

Favorite Features

There's no other car that offers these features at such a value. 320hp, AWD, 6 Speed, Adjustable Bolsters, Leather, CD Changer etc.

Suggested Improvements

It's a bit too heavy at 3700lbs.

sweet car
By brad51

1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

it is won of the best cars i think.it is a fun fast car! IT is really fast.I wish they still made them.IT is the best car ive ever had.

Favorite Features

looks like the dodge viper from front. again very fast.

Suggested Improvements

get new rims.

THis IS the Best Car Ever
By Hank/ Hank_Joe

1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I Love this car, even before I bought it, all the girls come up to me and ask me what car it is, and i tell them its a Dodge Stealth!! And on the highway its realy fun, because you have so much power you can pass anyone (exept the cops.) This car is a realy fun car to drive! Its good looking, fast, and a chick-magnet!! Trust me ;)

Favorite Features

- The sweet engin tone - The super cool exterior - And The Elegant Interion (exept for the rear seats)

Suggested Improvements

non improvments that I can think of, this car is perfect!

Ton O' Fun!!
By nb

1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Awsome car! AWD provides great traction. I've dumped the clutch at 5000 in sleet and took off like a dry summer day! comfortable, fast after the initial turbo lag. By third gear you'r easily breaking the law! Tires aren't cheap and don't last long in these sizes. 20-25k a set. Problems I've had: Those chrome wheels are peeling! Failed water pump, alternator, ticking lifters! I've heard this is a common problem. I was able to have them replaced under warranty, but they've recently started again after 69k mi.. Right speaker is going bad radio full of little glitches. Wind comes through the sun roof no matter how tightly closed at 135 mph!

Favorite Features

Acceleration! Handling! Body design! AWD!

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve it, don't make it any more. I'd have suggested redesigning the lifters and lowering the price! in '96 fully loaded, they were going for $46K+!! Then sales dropped so they quit making it...Hmmm! Duh.