1994 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
Best car I ever owned!
By tigercakes on 04/06/12 10:08 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

I've had my Stealth for 16 years and I still love it! The style is a classic sporty style that will never go out of style. This has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned! The only negative I could come up with is that the turning radius is huge and it isn't very comfortable for traveling much more than 1 1/2 hrs. If you take a road trip in a Stealth, you do need frequent breaks to get out and stretch your legs! Don't count on taking anyone in the "backseat" because there is absolutely no room! But then again, it's a sports car so what do you expect! I can't say enough positives about the 1994 Dodge Stealth, it's paid for itself many times over!

I scored when I found this one!
By skcyclist on 06/25/08 20:48 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This is one spectacular automobile. I found it in Irvine, CA with under 55,000 well cared for miles. It is stock and original. I paid $8500 cash and have put another $1600 in for 60,000 mile service and timing belt. Clutch is stiff compared to my Plymouth Laser RS (AWD/turbo), but easy to get used to and necessary due to awesome power. The car has original red paint in excellent condition due to being garaged all it's life. I'm 65 years old, and this is the best car I've ever owned. Next in line would be my 56 Chevy Bel Air convertible purchased in 1962 and my 1992 Plymouth Laser bought in 1999. The Laser and Stealth are related in being Mitsubishi designs.

Red Rocket II
By Red Rocket on 04/28/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

After owning a 91 rt/tt (see review), I decided to finally buy another one a year after selling the 91. Big mistake. The styling of the 94 was not as great as the 91 and the 6 spd was much clumsier than the long ratioe 5 spd. I bought the car in ca and drove it north to wa. The handling was unpredictable and the performance lacked feeling. Felt like a Dodge car instead of a Mitsubishi 3000gt which it was. This came out in the rain 5 days after buying it when the car spun out at 45 mph on a relatively straight freeway onramp (with proper tires). Both of us walked away with sore backs and a prayer as the car was a total loss after it hit the fence backwards. Go buy a low mile 91-93 R/T instead.

94 Dodge Stealth R/T Luxury
By mtsmitty82169 on 12/31/05 02:45 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Luxury 2dr Coupe

Have had no problems with this car since I have bought it. I've owned it for about 6 months and it has been very dependable. Handling and power is impressive. Turns heads at every corner. Very pleased with performance. Needs few repairs done only because of its age and mileage. Really is a great buy for the money and performance. This style is very rare to see and I am a proud owner. I plan on keeping this car for a long time.

Best value on the market
By Blake Hardin on 03/21/05 09:33 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I had a lot of time to research the purchase of my first sport car. The Stealth/3000gt beats every car out there in options and value, just falling short of the new vette and cars of that class. This is unbelievable considering what you can buy the Stealth for these days. It is often thousands less than a VR4 with the same millage, even though theyare the same car! There are many ways to upgrade the car, and given the rarity ofthe Stealth many people think it is somesort of Viper. Performance will blow you away, put on an aftermarket suspension and there is no limit to the handling of this car. Upgrade the turbos, and you will be upthere with the new vette/911.

Sweet Ride
By jagger01 on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Stealth 2dr Coupe

Bought the car after highschool, owned it for about a year and a half and had virtually no problems. Only ones were fuel filter, and carbon build up in the intake caused stalling. Car was great fun to drive, superb ride although soft handling due to non-turbo suspension. Car was very reliable, heater and A/C took a while to come on but both worked flawlessly. The V6 had great power, and torque whenever you needed it in any gear. All nessesary features were easily accessable to the driver. Front seats held two adults comfortably, however rear seats seemed they were added merely to lower insurance costs. Even without ABS option the brakes performed exceptionally

A Rare Breed
By HenryFrapp on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Very well designed, reliable and a true joy to drive. The cockpit is laid out so that it is easy to monitor the pulse of the car while yours is rapidly on the rise. This is my second Stealth, at 97k miles has, with the exception of an alternator being replaced tomorrow, had no mechanical problems. These cars are great values and a ton of fun to drive. Nothing in this price range can compare in performance. The new Nissan 350Z horsepower and performance pales in comparison. This car is a true driving pleasure and rare breed.

Great Car!
By wheels on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

If you're looking for a fun car, this is it! Easy to drive, lots of extras, and a great deal pricewise thanks to the SUV revolution. It's reasonable to find one for under $10K...pretty good for a car that was valued at around $40K when new just nine short years ago. An all around great sports car with styling that leaves Corvettes of that age wanting. Low, wide profile with big Z-rateds round off this future classic.

Reliable sports car
By Sam Casella on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Stealth 2dr Coupe

This car has been a reliable, solid performer. People always think its newer than it is, thanks to its sensational styling. If they ask, I tell them about its outstanding comfort, excellent build quality, mechanical toughness and relatively good fuel efficiency. Bought new, at over 100,000 miles it has proven to be a great ride and a great buy too.

Great Car
By jesee44 on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Luxury 2dr Coupe

This has been a solid car since it was new. It's fun to drive, looks good, and built well. It's got 84,000. Yes, I paid dearly for the timing belt and new tires...but it's better than a new car payment. The driver's leather seat needs repaired; the leather has torn and cracked.