Used 1994 Dodge Stealth Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Best car I ever owned!
By tigercakes

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

I've had my Stealth for 16 years and I still love it! The style is a classic sporty style that will never go out of style. This has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned! The only negative I could come up with is that the turning radius is huge and it isn't very comfortable for traveling much more than 1 1/2 hrs. If you take a road trip in a Stealth, you do need frequent breaks to get out and stretch your legs! Don't count on taking anyone in the "backseat" because there is absolutely no room! But then again, it's a sports car so what do you expect! I can't say enough positives about the 1994 Dodge Stealth, it's paid for itself many times over!

The body style, love the exterior and the design of the interior dash area. Dependability is my favorite feature of this vehicle!!

Turning radius needs major improvement.

I scored when I found this one!
By skcyclist

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This is one spectacular automobile. I found it in Irvine, CA with under 55,000 well cared for miles. It is stock and original. I paid $8500 cash and have put another $1600 in for 60,000 mile service and timing belt. Clutch is stiff compared to my Plymouth Laser RS (AWD/turbo), but easy to get used to and necessary due to awesome power. The car has original red paint in excellent condition due to being garaged all it's life. I'm 65 years old, and this is the best car I've ever owned. Next in line would be my 56 Chevy Bel Air convertible purchased in 1962 and my 1992 Plymouth Laser bought in 1999. The Laser and Stealth are related in being Mitsubishi designs.

It's all good. Though I have to get the cruise control to work. All else is OK. Exhaust sounds menacing, though not loud. Like the adjustable suspension, though truth be told I can't tell much difference between tour and sport settings. (I'm told they are subtle) Fuel economy not bad for 320 HP.

None to speak of, other than why did they stop making them? No matter, scarcity adds to value and uniqueness.

Red Rocket II
By Red Rocket

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

After owning a 91 rt/tt (see review), I decided to finally buy another one a year after selling the 91. Big mistake. The styling of the 94 was not as great as the 91 and the 6 spd was much clumsier than the long ratioe 5 spd. I bought the car in ca and drove it north to wa. The handling was unpredictable and the performance lacked feeling. Felt like a Dodge car instead of a Mitsubishi 3000gt which it was. This came out in the rain 5 days after buying it when the car spun out at 45 mph on a relatively straight freeway onramp (with proper tires). Both of us walked away with sore backs and a prayer as the car was a total loss after it hit the fence backwards. Go buy a low mile 91-93 R/T instead.

Great stereo, comfortable seats, 24 mpg, Bright Red Paint

Dodge lost something in the 1994 revised model. Should have kept with the first one and this car would have made it a few more years on the market. Steering, power, style, aws too rough, 6 spd. I should have just bought another 91-93 model.

94 Dodge Stealth R/T Luxury
By mtsmitty82169

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Luxury 2dr Coupe

Have had no problems with this car since I have bought it. I've owned it for about 6 months and it has been very dependable. Handling and power is impressive. Turns heads at every corner. Very pleased with performance. Needs few repairs done only because of its age and mileage. Really is a great buy for the money and performance. This style is very rare to see and I am a proud owner. I plan on keeping this car for a long time.

One of a kind look that never goes out of style. Is exciting and fun to drive. I enjoy the design and performance that seems ahead of its time. I haven't found one like mine yet.

Driver's seat leather seems to wear easily from entering and exiting the car. Not really made to fit more than two people. Car would be not as heavy if it didn't have four seats.

Best value on the market
By Blake Hardin

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I had a lot of time to research the purchase of my first sport car. The Stealth/3000gt beats every car out there in options and value, just falling short of the new vette and cars of that class. This is unbelievable considering what you can buy the Stealth for these days. It is often thousands less than a VR4 with the same millage, even though theyare the same car! There are many ways to upgrade the car, and given the rarity ofthe Stealth many people think it is somesort of Viper. Performance will blow you away, put on an aftermarket suspension and there is no limit to the handling of this car. Upgrade the turbos, and you will be upthere with the new vette/911.

AWD, Anti-lock brackes, all-wheelsteering, minimal turbo lag. The car is rare, yet inexpensive. Spend 5K on turbo and fuel upgrade and this platform will take you as far as you want to go.

The car is a little tight for tall people like me.