1993 Dodge Stealth ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

1993 Stealth Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Sort Reviews by

93 Dodge Stealth ES
By thomask83

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

For being my first Automatic Transaxle Drive car it is quick and fun. I wish they came standard with Neo Glo Gauges and cold air intake. Other than that the car is Beautiful, Especially when adding a full wide body kit and Dual Exhaust, and Lambo doors. The Head lights that Hide Away need to be like the non-Hide always like the 95 3000GT.

Favorite Features

Stock Horse Power and Acceleration, Seat and Interior set-up. 19.7 Gallon Gas Tanks.Enormous space in trunk/Hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers side airbag, Lower Suspension, Super/Pro Charger.(rather Have Super Charger than Turbos) All Projection Headlights. More Back Seat leg Room...

Never ending drive with my ES.
By Rob

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I really think this is the best car ever. It was my first car back in 2006 when I bought it. It's amazing but still fixing for minor things now. I basically put a new door, stereo, thermostat, brakes, paint job, tires, gauge bulbs, moldings and new rims. I think you could possibly do anything to this car to make it look ten times as better. I believe it's an amazing car to drive around town and show off. I've had a person challenge me with their pathetic charger r/t and it was funny I'll tell you. But great car to pick chicks up too in it. It looks twice as better in black and dark tints.

Favorite Features

The exterior model,fast,and A/C is so damn cold then my other cars then the Mitsubishi Outlander and Chrysler Town and Country 2008.

Suggested Improvements

Please come out with another one. I heard that they want to mix the 3000GT and Stealth and call it 3000 Stealth. But work on the back seats to make it a little bigger and CD changer along with it. And the gauge colors to be white or black.

If I only have the money to keep it
By msunatezilla

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I wanted a stealth since they came out. Now I own one! It s red, a little banged up from careless prior owner, but overall its worth keeping. I figure it's something to restore if I ever get enough money to do it, otherwise I swear it's worth ten times it's value in parts. Have you seen the cost of parts for this thing? Yikes!!! I get 22 mpg which isn't terribly bad, but in today's economy 35 mpg would be nice. I store it for the winter and I itch to bring her out in the spring. My stealth is terrible on snow. It's probably the performance style tires. I'd cry if I ever had to sell it. I worry the transmission will some day go out and the cost to rebuild would be in the $2000 range. Great car!!!!!

Favorite Features

Tight cockpit seats, stick to the road handling, superior braking, stock stereo with EQ hooks up to aftermarket amp nice and sounds awesome. Awesome exterior styling. Low to the ground, kind of fast, air conditioning still works like new and car warms up fast. Mitsubishi engine will last 4 ever!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Windows fog up in the summer on rainy, humid days. It's a problem. Parts are expensive, cup holder would be nice (but I found out you can pull the ashtray out and cup fits nice in the hole). Brushed aluminum rims aren't my favorite. I'm being picky though. There isn't much I don't like about this car:)

Excellent Car
By Pattywack5

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

By far my favorite car that I have owned. Affordable and yet packs a powerful punch. I often turn heads just by driving around town. Love it!

Favorite Features

Interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Stock wheels leave something to be desired, but not a huge deal to replace.

This is ahead of its time
By Danny~G

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

Iíve always admired the car. When I was a kid it was my dream to own one. The car has power not kidding. Heads turn every were you go. People still ask all the time "IS IT NEW" I just gave it a custom paint job. The car has 123,000 and runs like a million bucks.

Favorite Features

The 5-spd with the n/a 230 hp, blast. As soon as you sit in it you feel like a race car driver. Keyless entry. Handling, leather seats. Still soft to the touch

Suggested Improvements

Seating. Cup holders, no room for four

1993 Stealth ES--Ultimate Sleeper
By StealthDriver

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best cars ever produced. Its also one of the best sleepers. A little heavy for a sports car but makes up for it in accleration, cornering, and all around style. I have owned two of them and I wish that parts were more common and that people would pay for what they are worth. From here on out the price will continue to go up like old Camaro's and Mustangs. The one thing that I dont like is how much a timing belt and water pump cost to change (600-1000 bucks!). With an exhaust, chip and turbo upgrade the R/T tt will beat Vipers, Corvettes, and just about anything else.

Favorite Features

Exterior Design, Acceleration, Cockpit Layout, Twin Turbo's, Ride control.

Suggested Improvements

Make the interior better and remake it, there will be nothing like them ever. Change the seating so its not that much of a problem to get in and out.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
By GirlyRacer

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

This car is timeless! Everybody that sees this car falls in love with it - including myself! It runs well and has a great body style. Sporty and classy in one great, reliable car!

Favorite Features

I would also have to say the gas pedal! There is definately some power to back up the sporty look!!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO
By S3DELTA

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

What a great running and looking car.At almost 10 yrs old...still turns heads on the street!!!!!!!!! I bought it with 91,000 miles and expected trouble. 4 months and 9,500 miles later, still runs like a charm.At 5'11 I do not find the car extremely comfortable but it's a STEALTH so who the hell cares!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

The gas pedal...lol. The great looks,excellent gas mileage,DOHC kicks ass!I could go on forever,I am in love with this awesome machine!

Suggested Improvements

Better overall comfort for driver and passanger...but, I'll live with it!

Awesome Car
By john cornell

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

This car is a fantastic, fast, fun, car and has great power. I to have smoked just about any car I raced with. The styling is great. Since Dodge and Mitchibitchi never really changed the body style most can't tell how old this car really is. Very reliable and handles like a race car. I always get looks where ever I take it.

Favorite Features

The power and the exterior design

GTO of the 90's??
By goody

1993 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

This is one of the greatest import sport cars produced in the 90's.Pound for pound it is better than the Toyota Supra, and the Mazda RX-7.The perfomance for the buck is unbeliable.The only flaw with the car is that it is FWD.The RT twin turbo is AWD and they should have made all models this.Great car,good power,great handling, but lacks torque.

Favorite Features

Exterior design.....the car is almost ten years old and still gets looks from people.

Suggested Improvements

Just needed to be AWD or RWD to get more torque